TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Phantasialand, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

March 28th, 2005 - Black Mamba announced

June 13th, 2007 - Hotel Matamba announced

August 1st, 2007 - Talocan announced

November 9th, 2008 - Jet monorail to close

February 10th, 2010 - Wuzel Earth announced

March 27th, 2010 - Lots of new attractions on the way to the Wuze area...

November 28th, 2011 - Construction going on in Phantasialand's Mexico area

June 24th, 2012 - Hotel Tartüff is open

June 27th, 2012 - Phantasialand plans to buy land for expansion

November 13th, 2012 - Water Park & Resort Hotel expansion planned

Klugheim - new "area" to be added to the park

April 23rd, 2015 - First info on Taron released. Will be the fastest multi-launch coaster in Europe

December 11th, 2015 - RAIK, announced via Facebook. A family style Vekoma Boomerang built in the new Klugheim area.

March 14th, 2016 - park confirms that Race to Atlantis (simulator) will be removed

June 28th, 2016 - Taron pre-opening report

June 20th, 2017 - World's First Launched Flying Coaster announced

So it seems as if the rumors are confirmed and the Phantasialand gets a new B&M Inverter for 2006. They already worked on the space for about three months and now there is this article that confirms the rumors. It´s only in german but it says that this is the second B&M coaster in Germany and a little bit about the history of coasters in Germany and the history of B&M.

I´m so excited of this new coaster, I never rode any B&Ms and Phantasialand are only 50 minutes from where I live.

When there are new news, I will tell you and if there are any questions, I will try to help you.

Sebastian"tomorrow first time Heide Park yeah"Rötten

Edited by SharkTums

Hey roeterich,

this are good news. I think a B&M coaster is a good expansion for the Phantasialand.

Have so much fun on your tomorrow Heide Park trip. The Heide Park is my favorite ThemePark in North-Germany.

--Soeren

German:(Sag mal Du bist doch auch auf einigen deutschen coaster-Seiten zu finden, oder? Bist Du Mitglied in einem Coaster-Club? Würde mich gerne mal einem Club anschließen. Hast Du ein paar infos?)

Since Phantasialand can not build very high rides without having issues with the neighbourhood, the new coaster will be a la Nemesis, with lot of terrain, trenches and tunnels.

Since my favorite Looping coasters in Europe are Katun in Mirabilandia (which belongs to the same family than Phantasialand) and Nemesis, I'm looking forward to this coaster quite a lot !!!

Since Phantasialand can not build very high rides without having issues with the neighbourhood, the new coaster will be a la Nemesis, with lot of terrain, trenches and tunnels.

Since my favorite Looping coasters in Europe are Katun in Mirabilandia (which belongs to the same family than Phantasialand) and Nemesis, I'm looking forward to this coaster quite a lot !!!

Mirabilandia & Phantasialand owned by the same group - Well I never knew that :o

Both parks are well looked after & well run, so I guess the clues were there.

Phantasialand does need a big coaster like a B&M Inverted to make the park almost complete. I think I'm right in saying it will be the first B&M inverted & only the second B&M in Germany

It will sure beat the SLC's in Germany

• 3 months later...

On the Dutch en German boards we were discussing it for over half a year, but it's official now. Today, Phantasialand announced there 5-loop inverted B&M for the 2006 season! 8)

The ride will feature a restaurant fly-trough, looping, interlocking corkscrew and two toher inversions (Rumoured to be a zero G roll and immelmanthingy). It is also rumoured that the ride will have a spectacular ending, a 5G helix!

Click here for some artwork

Thuur - Yeah, only 45 minutes to an African themed B&M 8) - Crompvoets

I hope the rumored 5g helix is a sign that B&M will start putting forces back into their rides.

The story behind the helix is that B&M didn't want to build it because it would be to intense. But Phantasialand wanted to have the helix so they put it in the ride.

OMG That looks incredible! I never rode any B&M so far so it is really great that there are building one 50 minutes from my home^^

It really sounds like a bigger version of Nemesis because of the line that says there are going to be waterfalls and canyons.

now I am really looking forward to the next year and especially to visiting Phantasialand!

BTW here is the same update, artworks and information on English:

http://www.coastersandmore.de/previews/blackmamba/blackmamba.shtml

Sebastian"really happy right now"Rötten

I hope the rumored 5g helix is a sign that B&M will start putting forces back into their rides.

This statement is faulty........ The new rides by B&M and actually just B&M in general aren't that intense for looping coasters, personally I think they are more desireable if it isn't pulling 5 g's all over the place because to much of a good thing is painful....... And forces are still being applied to new B&M just only on a certain part of the ride, case in point Silver Bullet's finale helix.

This is one coaster i'm truly looking forward to. Phantasialand is one of those places that can do theming well, and seeing as it's rumoured to be slightly sub-terrain, it should be the ideal opportunity for them to have a field day, theming-wise.

I'm at Phantasialand on wednesday, so it'll be a good opportunity to see quite how much groundwork is going into the preparations for this coaster.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'll push this thread up because In the last days many things happenend:

The first track segments arrived, they already started with the theming and there are new buildings, holes and dirt everywhere.

Here you can find the newest construction pics.

Sebastian"tries to keep you more up to date on Black Mamba from now on"Rötten

• 2 weeks later...