China Dinosaur Park Discussion Thread

P. 11: Dinoconda 4th Dimension Coaster testing video posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

China Dinosaur Park Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Changzhou Dinosaur Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion.

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

Feb. 3rd, 2010 - Park to receive new Dinosaur-themed motocoaster from Zamperla (below)
Feb. 15th, 2010 - S&S 4th Dimension Coaster coming to Changzhou Dinosaur Park
Feb. 15th, 2010 - Park expansion concept art released!
Apr. 1st, 2010 - New 4th Dimension Coaster concept art released!
May 12th, 2010 - Park to add HEIMO/HUSS King Kong attraction!

April 3rd, 2012 - Dinoconda 4th Dimension Coaster testing video posted

Original Post:

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1597/Changzhou_Dino_Coaster.html

Zamperla’s new junior coaster will be one of several new attractions opening in 2010 at Changzhou Dinosaur Park in China, and it features a unique twist: a choice of regular or sit-astride themed ride vehicles.

Due to go into operation at the beginning of May, the coaster offers an exciting succession of curves, dips and valleys during a course of over half-a-kilometre. The total ride footprint (see right) is 67 by 67 metres, and the highest point is 20.5-metres.

Each of the ride’s trains can seat up to 20 riders, but it is the two-abreast Dilphosaurus-mounts that are expected to offer the more interesting riding position. Riders as small 105cms can ride, and the maximum speed is 65km/h.

The train are brought up the lift hill by kicker motors. An anti roll-back system is provided by way of mechanical brakes. Magnetic brakes are used at the end of ride to bring the train to a stop, and the coaster requires no foundations. The ride has been developed using the most advanced software programs, designed and calculated to meet the international safety standards.

Also new this season at Changzhou Dinosaur Park will be a King Kong ride and Sky Tower by Huss, plus an S&S tower ride.
1597.photo.3.jpg
1597.photo.4.jpg
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Someone's been playing a little too much RCT2.

The layout looks good, although a little strange for this style coaster with a lift instead of a launch, and it should be a fun ride. While I see why they chose the theme of the trains, I have to say that the trains themselves look pretty bad IMO. Hopefully they look better on the ride and in action.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby derek_lentz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 pm

^I could be wrong but the dinosaurs don't look like they have been put together completely in that picture.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Lady Gaga » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 am

I love that train!
The layout looks fun too.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:02 am

I am a bit confused by the "two abreast" seating. I wonder if that is side by side or literally on the same dino...hmmm

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 am

^Thank you! I didn't want to post but I too was confused about what they're actually saying is so different about the seating.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 am

There is no way two people could be side by side on one dino. I think it's just like a motorbike coaster, just dinos instead of motorcycles. That riding position could be revolutionarary in that area?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 am

That riding position could be revolutionarary in that area?

Could be

China already has 1 working Vekoma motorbike, 1 under contruction and one rip off which doesn't work because they can't get the launch to work properly (see image below) they also have/had a transportable model of the Zamperla Motorbike in Nanhu.

http://homeimg.focus.cn/upload/photo/zw ... 706512.jpg
(if it says access denied then refresh)

But I'm not sure on the proximity of those to this new ride. After all China is a BIG country. Overall its a nice variation on the motorbike coaster and nice to see a new layout

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:17 am

Could it be traditional 2 person motorcycle seating where 1 person is holding the other person from behind and they just used abreast improperly?

a choice of regular or sit-astride themed ride vehicles.

This line throws me off even more. I saw sit-astride and I first pictured someone riding side saddle and was all WTH?!!?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 am

Abreast (adj) alongside each other, facing in the same direction

In other words, the dinosaurs we can see are two abreast, the wording is correct.

So far in that pic we can see the first 7 cars (so 14 passengers). What they are saying is that the last 3 (6 more passengers to make the 20) cars will just be regular sit down seats. There is a similar set up to this on Mick Doohans Motocoaster at Dreamworld, the train has 14 bikes, but on the last two cars they have put a sitdown sidecar in lieu of where a bike could have gone (see here)

So to sum up, the article has said that the dinosaur seats will be more interesting than the sit down ones, in a very roundabout way.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!