Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 pm

MrE12AX7 wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:I’m still LOLing at it being 1ft taller than Steel Vengeance. :lol: :lol:

Steel Vengeance: 205 ft tall with a 90 degree drop.
Iron Gwazi: 206 ft tall with a 91 degree drop.

Too funny :lmao:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby CarolinaJay » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:19 pm

robbalvey wrote: ....Case in point, even today, some of the "non-coaster press" were asking serious questions like "I don't see how this is different. Tell me what makes this different from the original ride." "Why is this not considered a wood coaster when it looks like a wood coaster." And these people are FROM THE MEDIA. So what do you think paying guests might think?....

Wait, someone seriously said they didn't see how Iron Gwazi is different than the OG Gwazi? ......... wow.

Anywho, no I totally get what you're saying completely, Robb. As I said, I love the name, I'm not bothered by it, I guess I'm more upset at the fact that by them keeping the name, they didn't stick to the Lion/Tiger theme that went along with it. Nonethless, I'm stoked AF to ride it next year :b :lmao: It's really going to put BGT on the map big time and it's definitely a coaster they've been needing to really amp up the parks line-up as a whole.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:42 pm

I love love love the color on this ride, and I'm super stoked that such a bad ass RMC to such an amazing park!
Favorite Steel: The Incredible Hulk
Favorite Wooden: Storm Chaser

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Didn’t really release much new info today. Can’t wait to see the full POV. So awesome to see another incredible coaster added to BGT!

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 pm

boldikus wrote:I can't believe there's gonna be a giant kickass RMC at the same park as Cheetah Hunt, Kumba, Montu, Falcons Fury and Sheikra.

I hear you...that is one awesome collection of thrills.

Think if they also threw in a Screaming Swing in a couple of years? This park would have one of the most well-rounded collections of thrill rides on the planet.

Oh wait, it already does.

God damn, I love this park.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Wow!! I'm super excited to try this out!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:09 pm

91* on a 200+ foot drop with full length trains? I’m in disbelief. And I can’t wait.

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Not a whole lot of new information, but it's cool to finally have a name to call it, and know some official stats! As others have said repeatedly, this park is already awesome (my 3rd favorite park, currently), and they're about to get a world class RMC coaster that could very well be among the best 3 coasters in the world when all is said and done! It's really pretty mindblowing to think about, and that's not even touching on the fact that they're a definitely one of the few parks left that could legitimately get a Giga coaster in a few years! All of you who live down there, and get to go to this park on the regular are sure blessed, and I definitely think I'm going to try and bump up my next trip down with my kids to next year, instead of 2021, because I just can't wait to ride this thing! :b

As for the name, and apparent theme change, it absolutely is a little puzzling! While I LOVE going with a Crocodile theme, and also appreciate the tribute to Gwazi (which has always been a cool name), it does end up seeming kind of odd, given what Gwazi is supposed to refer to. Regardless of that, however, in the grand scheme of things, the colors are cool, the logo is cool, and I'm sure this thing is going to ride beyond cool, which relegates all of the name/theme issues to minor semantics, ultimately unimportant. Iron Gwazi is going to be a special coaster, at a special park, with a lot of other great coasters, rides, and attractions, not to mention the fantastic animals!

If you couldn't tell, I :lover: the SEAS parks, and BGT is my favorite! I'm rocking my Kumba shirt today to celebrate the exciting news! :lol: Hats off to BGT, for bringing us this addition, and I look forward to a POV, or at least a layout (like we've been given with Pantheon, Ice Breaker, and Texas Stingray) in due time, to fill in all the missing pieces currently!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 pm

DBru wrote:91° on a 200+ foot drop with full length trains? I’m in disbelief. And I can’t wait.

Same!!!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:17 pm

DILinator wrote:As for the name, and apparent theme change, it absolutely is a little puzzling! While I LOVE going with a Crocodile theme, and also appreciate the tribute to Gwazi (which has always been a cool name), it does end up seeming kind of odd, given what Gwazi is supposed to refer to. Regardless of that, however, in the grand scheme of things, the colors are cool, the logo is cool, and I'm sure this thing is going to ride beyond cool, which relegates all of the name/theme issues to minor semantics, ultimately unimportant. Iron Gwazi is going to be a special coaster, at a special park, with a lot of other great coasters, rides, and attractions, not to mention the fantastic animals!

Do we know if Gwazi is actually a real fable or did Busch Gardens just make it up? I tried Googling it and every single result brings back the coaster. If Busch did make it up, they're making their own rules here. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!