Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 09, 2019 12:12 pm

djcoastermark wrote:^ Yeah it was really unexpected as the loop recording of tech difficulty was going on after 10 minutes and then suddenly dropping. Kind of a roll back moment. Precious memories.

That's pure evil. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Kings Island & Indianapolis Zoo

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Sun May 12, 2019 10:40 am

WOW, I had no idea they were this far along!

99652A5B-D1F2-4340-92A4-C96E31BB1164.jpeg

3C1FBB9C-4724-48DF-8661-9E922F6EBE09.jpeg

Original photo credit goes to reddit user Flyingdrums. Photos were taken outside park property and after park hours.

I am very excited to watch this rise because I for one have no idea how they plan to make this!

I wonder if we will get a Goliath style lift hill and it hasn’t been announced yet the same as it was for Goliath. I have a difficult time fathoming a Steel Vengeance sized lift anyway in this plot of land.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun May 12, 2019 1:41 pm

I know this is going to sound super geeky, but...this has the potential to have one of the best RMC pre-lifts to date!! Lol

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bobbie68 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi I will be at here on Monday the 24th. I will be at the gates for open. I would have went to the Africa area first to hit those rides but now that Tigris is open should I go there first? I have never been to this park and feel a little lost without a game plan.

Any tips you can give me would be great on shows or rides.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Tigris is (rightfully) suffering from new hotness syndrome, and will always have longer waits earlier in the day, but will generally cool down by the evening. Cheetah Hunt, on the other hand, pretty much always has long waits, so it might be worth it to make your "opening run" to Cheetah Hunt first.

SheiKra and Cobra's Curse are other coasters that get longer-than-typical waits. Montu is pretty typical. Scorpion is typical but moves slowly because there's only one train. Kumba is lighter than typical because it's all the way in the back. A good breather during the day is a complete loop of the train, which takes a little over a half hour.

Falcon's Fury and the Skyride will not operate during windier days.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 pm

bobbie68 wrote:Hi I will be at here on Monday the 24th. I will be at the gates for open. I would have went to the Africa area first to hit those rides but now that Tigris is open should I go there first? I have never been to this park and feel a little lost without a game plan.

The back areas of the park don't open until 10:30 due to staggered openings (Stanleyville, Congo & Pantopia) . They either stop you right before Sesame Street (Safari Of Fun) or just past Zagora Cafe when you go left (depends on how busy they expect it to be early on). Some days, Congo River Rapids and Kumba open at 11...depends on how busy they expect it to be.

You would be better to head straight to Cheetah Hunt immediately when they let you in the park as it will have pretty steady line all day. You could get a couple rides in on it (unless it's down) and then to Tigris from there if you wanted to get to it as it opens. The ride will build a line early on since it's new, but thin out usually later in the day however (as mentioned in comment above).

If you want to wait and ride Tigris later on, just keep going counter-clockwise around the park after Cheetah Hunt so you aren't backtracking all day. Cobra's Curse can also get longer lines as well so it wouldn't hurt to ride that one early on. Montu is right there next to it, but usually doesn't get crazy lines since it's a people eater. I've rarely had more than a station wait in the last several years unless it was a weekend or holiday (same with Kumba & SheiKra). From there head to Pantopia and so on.

There are really only 2 theater shows: Turn It Up (ice show) and Critters Inn Charge (domestic animal show). There is also a Do-Wop show in Dragon Fire Grill (in Pantopia). That location has a food court set-up with various cuisine types. If a show is going on in there when you're ready to eat, it might be worth seeing if you're into that.

Be sure to check out the various animal exhibits throughout the park.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 am

bobbie68 wrote:Hi I will be at here on Monday the 24th. I will be at the gates for open. I would have went to the Africa area first to hit those rides but now that Tigris is open should I go there first? I have never been to this park and feel a little lost without a game plan.

As others have said, start with Cheetah Hunt. That one will have a long wait all day. I'd then hit Cobra's Curse afterwards.

Also get the pretzel bacon fury at the pretzel place near Falcon's Fury. It's incredible.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Kings Island & Indianapolis Zoo

Postby bert425 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am

we experienced only longer than station wait on Montu, if Cobra's Curse went down. . . since it's right next door, the minute there's a problem on CC?. . seemingly the majority of the line exits and goes directly into Montu's queue.

I enjoyed Cobra's Curse for what it is, tho still don't really understand why it pulls such waits (we barely even noticed the spinning while riding), but it DOES look great. and if a longer line, the queue is quite entertaining - especially the Hieroglyphics room. . . so you have stuff to watch while you wait :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:52 am

bert425 wrote:I enjoyed Cobra's Curse for what it is, tho still don't really understand why it pulls such waits (we barely even noticed the spinning while riding), but it DOES look great.

Low height requirement/whole family can ride, new(ish), very well themed, near the front of the park, low capacity trains. I think its pretty obvious why it gets long waits.

Unrelated - any recent RMC Gwazi updates? I'm totally going back to this park next December.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bobbie68 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 am

Hi thank you everyone for the tips, it is much appreciated. I sat down with my family and now have a game plan.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!