Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:28 am

The only model I've been on so far has been Tempesto, but I remember it being a lot of fun. Sure, these models are probably not going to crack anyone's top 10 lists, but I personally love how these can deliver a fun, thrilling ride for people while taking up barely any real estate. Colors pop, too!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Yeah I deff wanna try it. I'll prob pop down some random weekend. Falcon's Fury was down when I went last time anyway so gotta cross that off
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:45 pm

These are such fun rides, great addition to ANY park.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Looks fun! The orange and black looks very good.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 am

The park is crowded today, and some of the coasters are being temperamental, but Tigris is pretty good!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Awesome footage! Despite being cloned everywhere, I think Tigris has my favorite color scheme and theme among the Sky Rocket IIs. I love the green on the trains - it really pops.
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu May 09, 2019 9:51 am

So a mini TR from this past Tuesday. We had friends in from out of town and they wanted to do the park. Great timing as right now you can buy tickets, no restrictions, for half price until June 6. ( yes, it is off season here) Got to the park about 20 minutes after opening, went to Cheetah Hunt, posted 20 minute wait. Wow. Um, it was even less, running only one load station, 2 trains. Next went to Cobras Curse expecting a line similar, but were greeted with a posted 5 minute wait time. Um, again way less. Walk on. I had never ridden. My take, fun and weird. I knew the layout and all, but was surprised by its weirdness. We would have rerode but Montu was boasting walk on. Yep, no wait, one train, pick your seat. Dang good ride as always. 2x.
Next up, hydration, as it is hot as heck here already, then onto Falcons' Fury. Again, walk on. BUT, now Falcon shows us how temperamental it can be. We get to the top, the seats tilt, aaand stay there. After a few minutes, the seats return to the upright position and an announcement comes on that there is a technical difficulty. There we are, at the top, stuck, and stuck, and stuck, and stuck. All the time the recorded guy is saying, tech trouble, engineers are on their way, yada yada. Then suddenly, without warning, it just drops. The scare factor was great ! One of our party was upset that we didn't get to fall in the normal position, but I was more than pleased. It was a truly F*** with you ride if there ever was one. Great IMO.
As anyone who has been to BGT knows, the next stop is those wonderful Bacon Pretzels. Yup, still yummy. Then the free beer stand in Pantopia. They stamp your hand, (2 free beers max, we had one) but being Fla in the summer heat, the stamp wore off in about 5 minutes. More later.
Logical progression, Kumba, great as ever, just getting a little rough. Surprised me, I never found it rough before. Rapids were closed and Tigress was down, so hey, Shiekra! Still love this coaster. The loose restraints on the drops are Primo! Got off, went to Tigress which now opened and had a 15 minute (overstated, again ) posted wait. Fun ride, comfort collar is totally useless, but the lap bar does get a bit tight in the gut during the ride. did a few other break things like the bird cage. Really cool as we had birds landing all over us. also did the kangaroo and wallaby feeding. I just love those cute arsed wallabies and they delivered ! The baby one is too cute. Too cool.
Ooh, time for more free beer in the Gardens area. We all were only going to get 1 beer each, but when the "bartender" went to stamp us, she saw no stamp and just gave us each 2 beers. Oh boy, Bingo !
It was getting late so we ran to Cheetah, but they were doing an Evac on the launch going into the tower so, onto the Skyride as any good park fan should. The Skyride is a sin to be missed. ( and the train)
That meant, Shiekra again ! We did it 4 times in a row without getting off ! Kinda sorta. The station was empty upon return so we asked if we could stay on. The Attendant said yes as long as you get up off the train, wait a second and return. Must have something to do with the resets. Dunno. We got 4 rerides without leaving the loading station.
We still had 12 minutes of park open time so we hurried back over to Falcons Fury to catch one more ride to appease the guy in our party who was upset he didn't get the real experience on it. We made it into the que line just as the announcement came on that all attractions were now closed. Phew, just made it! Had a great ride.
All in all, great day, no waits really. Gawds I love off season in Florida !
Last edited by djcoastermark on Thu May 09, 2019 2:51 pm.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu May 09, 2019 11:22 am

Oh, and for those wondering, yes, there is a crane moving about on the remnants of Gwazi. There is also several piles of purple RMC track placed around Gwazi. Not enough going on yet to warrant any pics yet. I didn't have a camera, but 1 in our party did, tho they only took pics of animally thngs.
20190507_123653.jpg
Busch birds doing Busch bird stuff.
20190507_153335.jpg
More birds doing more birdy stuff. Sadly no Wallaby pics. (my fave)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 am

^^ Being dropped in that orientation on Falcon's Fury would really throw me off even though that's how you drop on 99% of drop towers. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu May 09, 2019 11:44 am

^ Yeah it was really unexpected as the loop recording of tech difficulty was going on after 10 minutes and then suddenly dropping. Kind of a roll back moment. Precious memories.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!