Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby southpuddle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Laughing at the people who now say “gee, NOW this really makes me want to visit BGT for the first time!” As if it wasn’t already one of the best parks in the world :lol:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SteVeUrkle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:42 pm

I am REALLY interested to see if that rendering of the first drop with the big gap between the top and bottom supports actually happens.

Maybe it allows some give to "pop out" some airtime with the flex of the ibeams, but anyway, this looks to be another insane RMC creation. Never been to BGT, but I gotta say, this certainly makes the possibility more attractive!
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:23 pm

southpuddle wrote:Laughing at the people who now say “gee, NOW this really makes me want to visit BGT for the first time!” As if it wasn’t already one of the best parks in the world :lol:

THIS.
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:37 pm

i305isdaddy wrote:Eh they were really light on the details

Seriously, WTF did you expect??? They still have another NEW COASTER that has yet to open this year. Why would they steal the thunder away from that ride with lots of details on a 2020 coaster when they still have the 2019 one to open and focus on???

It honestly amazes me the level of ignorance some people on this forum still have about theme parks. Like, if you're here, you should KNOW BETTER about how parks do things.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:48 pm

WOW, I'm shocked. This came totally out of left field. I can't fathom how they're even going to achieve this. SV was one thing - Mean streak was ~150ft tall already, and had a very large, drawn out footprint and structure that favored all the extra space those new, large elements took up (after all, it has to scale up a LOT when you add 50ft to it - think of that first hill on SV). Same goes for White Whale (?) at NSL - unreal that parks are actually doing this to these rides, but physically fathomable for me - they (especially White Cyclone) were already big rides. But now, RMC dares to add a whole 100 ft to Gwazi? Holy hell.

Honestly, I was really expecting it'd be wishful thinking if BGT would even keep both sides ala and not just chop one out entirely ala Storm Chaser. Clearly, not the case. BGT is blowing sh*t out of the water.

I can't believe how the mid-2010's has gone and how the early 2020's is looking. This scene for new attractions is unreal. Entire park's dynamics are changing. CGA, for example, will look completely different. RMC definitely has reinspired the coaster wars (I'm sure the economy has a lot more to do with it, but I can't help but see the nod to RMC's in other companies' new work and general attitude to try to outdo RMC). Disney had me sh*tting myself back in 2017 with the D23 announcement for their master plan till 2021. Universal is making some huge bold moves right now, and when I first heard about the up-and-coming Fantasy World (or what have you) I couldn't believe that it flew right under my nose. The land for that development is HUGE and totally changes the dynamic for Universal and Orlando, and you can't understate that. Pair that with them going back in the right direction (keeping this brief as to not get touchy about Dragon's Challenge here - I only mean to say that they seem to be going back to physical attractions like we've all longed) and the JP coaster looks to be an intense duo to the Hagrid coaster. Unreal. And that's Orlando alone.

The closer we get to 2020, the more and more amazing stuff we hear about, especially internationally. Everyday I keep thinking there's no way anything more could possibly be announced but all the time I keep getting shocked.

I've been out of the hobby a little bit lately as I entered college and my life changed a lot, and haven't been keeping up too much with this board like I used to. I only know there's a lot coming that I'm completely missed. But the excitement of this upcoming time is definitely reeling me back in quickly.

2020/21 is starting to feel like all the enthusiast's pipe dreams that died in the 2000's rolled up and executed all at once and I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:34 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:I am REALLY interested to see if that rendering of the first drop with the big gap between the top and bottom supports actually happens.

Don't count on it, that "rendering" is a very obvious NoLimits simulation that someone ran the automatic wooden support generator on. The layout that we're seeing may be correct, but not the supports.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:00 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:I am REALLY interested to see if that rendering of the first drop with the big gap between the top and bottom supports actually happens.

Maybe it allows some give to "pop out" some airtime with the flex of the ibeams, but anyway, this looks to be another insane RMC creation. Never been to BGT, but I gotta say, this certainly makes the possibility more attractive!

I don't see the supports being like that, like someone else said, its like default NoLimits supports.
I'm guessing it'll have the cool looking steel lift structure like a few of the other RMCs with big lifts.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:41 am

Dear SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has Tempesto, and would like one of these RMCs, too.

Thank you.

BGT's already stellar coaster lineup is just getting better.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:23 am

Wow. Just epic. BGT has a solid lineup but with Tigris and this, just damn. Can not wait.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:46 am

Mrlittle wrote:This park already has a solid group of coasters. When this one opens in 2020 :ryan:

Yeah, its pretty unbelievable. After it opens, it will probably become the enthusiast haven that CP or Holiday World is where you'll always see the chitter chatter of enthusiasts here and there on the midways.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!