Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Too Slow For Comfort

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 am

Anybody else buy the annual Quick Queue? Its $300, and I just bought it, as I'm thinking that the price will get jacked up once Tigris opens. Its pricey, but not a bad deal considering that its good any day of the day - including the weekends and holidays when it would be $90. I think that with the capacity issues of Tigris, it will be the only way to get more than 1-2 rides on it in a day.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:29 am

A.J. wrote:Always make sure you tell us where you got an image from and link it back (even if you don't know the exact source). In this case it's from the roller coasters subreddit.

So, can we stop calling this "RMC Gwazi"? At this rate there won't be much of Gwazi left over when the new coaster finally opens.

True I was thinking the same thing this isn't so much taking the old and making it new, its almost an entirely new ride.

Also any word on when Tigris may be opening? The GF will be going to St Pete soonish, I believe in the next 2 months, and that's usually a good time for me to scoot away to BGT. Ive always wanted to try one of these Sky Rockets so Im kind of excited actually
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:36 am

JJLehto wrote:
A.J. wrote:Always make sure you tell us where you got an image from and link it back (even if you don't know the exact source). In this case it's from the roller coasters subreddit.

So, can we stop calling this "RMC Gwazi"? At this rate there won't be much of Gwazi left over when the new coaster finally opens.

True I was thinking the same thing this isn't so much taking the old and making it new, its almost an entirely new ride.

Also any word on when Tigris may be opening? The GF will be going to St Pete soonish, I believe in the next 2 months, and that's usually a good time for me to scoot away to BGT. Ive always wanted to try one of these Sky Rockets so Im kind of excited actually

They've been pretty hush hush about the actual opening date. They always mention "spring" for the opening though. It looks like the track is complete now though. I don't think that they've started testing yet, so I'm not sure how close they are to closing the deal. The fact that they always say spring without an actual date leads me to believe it will be late spring though. I hope it comes soon though.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:25 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Anybody else buy the annual Quick Queue? Its $300, and I just bought it, as I'm thinking that the price will get jacked up once Tigris opens. Its pricey, but not a bad deal considering that its good any day of the day - including the weekends and holidays when it would be $90. I think that with the capacity issues of Tigris, it will be the only way to get more than 1-2 rides on it in a day.

When they announced Tempesto everyone lost their minds about capacity and it turned out to be fine. The capacity is clearly not great but the ride doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly popular either. I feel like it won't be that big of a deal long term.

That said, Cheetah Hunt and Stanley Falls exist so it's a solid deal anyway if you visit enough. Rides like Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Rapids (if you care) and (most likely) Tigris will have some sort of a line the majority of the time also so it'll be nice to have.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:44 am

If it's like Busch Gardens Williamsburg and SeaWorld San Diego, both their Sky Rocket II's have been one time only attractions with the highest level QuickQueue.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day & Hersheypark Opening Day

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am

JJLehto wrote:

I know this isn’t what you meant, but remembering the three names that were trademarked for Tigris (Tigris, Uproar, Twisted Tiger), I’d make a safe bet on RMC Gwazi’s actual name being Uproar. Twisted Tiger is the more logical choice (hence Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers, Twisted Colossus), but that sounds a bit too similar to Tigris. If the 212’ lift hill with the 91° drop rumors from First Drop are true, Uproar would make lots of sense given that the coaster would be the tallest in Florida.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:18 am

Kw6sTheatee wrote:
JJLehto wrote:

I know this isn’t what you meant, but remembering the three names that were trademarked for Tigris (Tigris, Uproar, Twisted Tiger), I’d make a safe bet on RMC Gwazi’s actual name being Uproar. Twisted Tiger is the more logical choice (hence Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers, Twisted Colossus), but that sounds a bit too similar to Tigris. If the 212’ lift hill with the 91° drop rumors from First Drop are true, Uproar would make lots of sense given that the coaster would be the tallest in Florida.

I think that Tigris is supposed to be named after the Tigris River... but it is confusing that in the logo there's a picture of a tiger with a paw.

Maybe it will be a play on words?

But it will still be a tongue twisted if one is called Tigris and the other is Twisted Tigers.
Last edited by Too Fast For Comfort on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
Kw6sTheatee wrote:
JJLehto wrote:

I think that Tigris is supposed to be named after the Tigris River... but it is confusing that in the logo there's a picture of a tiger with a paw. The Tigris River is a major river in Africa, and would work well with the placement of the coaster, considering that the Tiger stuff is on the other end of the park. If you Google or Wikipedia the name, it looks like everything is about it being a river, and it doesn't necessarily refer to "tiger." The name is Sumarian, and translates directly to "running water" -- not necessarily anything to do with a tiger.

Maybe it will be a play on words?

But it will still be a tongue twisted if one is called Tigris and the other is Twisted Tigers.

Tigris is the shortened scientific name for tiger (Panthera Tigris). The ride is located near Jungala, a SE Asian themed Jungle area with tigers. It has nothing to do with a river in the Middle East (Turkey and Iraq specifically...not in Africa).
Coaster Count: 129
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser
6-Mako...7-Montu...8-Kraken...9-Diamondback...10-Twisted Cyclone

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby southpuddle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm

And you know, an orange and black color scheme.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:The Tigris River is a major river in Africa

This is factually wrong. Why wouldn't you look this up before you posted?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!