Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:16 pm

^ Thats a good point. I forgot to take into account the huge size of the track and train into consideration.

I guess I'm alone here though because I was actually impressed by the test videos and the coaster progress overall. I just booked a trip for the second week of may to go check it out.

My seat will be front row center, I like to heartline with B&M track.

-J's

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby NitroJoeC » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:17 pm

Second week in May? I'm pretty sure BGT says it's not opening until May 19 or 20th officially. Hope you can get some soft openings! Or maybe change your plane ticket? :)

JC

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:16 pm

I thought I read that it was opening may 1st? Well, I haven't bought my plane ticket yet, I try to book hotels and rental cars first because I can always change those. I think I'll go contact the park and get the straight dope from them.

Oh I know where I saw it. In one of the construction pictures there was a "May 1st" banner in the background. Of course things can change so I'll look more into it.

J "Gonna check, cause that would suck" J

Looks like you may be right. Crap, I'm going to Cedar Point and PKI that week. I might have to wait until October then. Sorry Joe, I like your state but it's just too hot during the summer.

Postby NitroJoeC » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Heh, everyone says that about the FL summers...I guess I really can't say what my opinions are of them though since I've only ever been here in June, never July or August yet.

Either way, God created air conditioning for a reason! :)

Joe "loves it hott" C.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:32 pm

^I never found the Florida weather that bad!!!

Keep in mind that I would go from:

Air Conditioned House to
Air Conditioned Car to
Air Conditioned Work/School to
Air Conditioned Car to
Air Conditioned House

Repeat.

If you have to be outside...then you'll be in for some serious suckage! At least when it's really hot it will pour at like 4pm and cool you off for like 15 minutes!

Elissa "but then it turns into a greenhouse!" Alvey

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:52 pm

I've never found Florida to be that bad in the Summer .. except for the dam rain everyday around 4-5pm.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Corkscrewed » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:29 am

Well, remember how the BGT management guy called it a "family coaster" during the announcement of the ride? I know a dive machine doesn't sound like much of a family coaster, but given the video, maybe that term makes more sense now! :D

The recent B&M's seem to be aiming for the average patron's endurance, not the thrill seeker's, so naturally, they're not as intense. For the parks that purchase them, this is smarter, since more people can enjoy the coasters, but for enthusiasts or experienced coaster riders, this means their top coasters won't be changing for a while, since the new ones don't quite pack the same punch.

I don't think it's a bad thing, either way, though.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:27 am

Well, maybe they're keeping this one less intense now for PR reasons...remember, tis the season for the media to scrutinize roller coasters (or anything else considered by us young people as fun ^_^) , where even the most minor incident will end up on the evening news.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby CoasterG » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:34 am

Yep, that's normal Floridian behavior and I tend to avoid the parks like the plague in the summer since I'm spoiled. Waiting in lines that are over 30-40 mins for the Orlando parks is torture.

Air Conditioning is where its at down here.

The benefits and curses of being a local...
George

SharkTums wrote:^I never found the Florida weather that bad!!!

Keep in mind that I would go from:

Air Conditioned House to
Air Conditioned Car to
Air Conditioned Work/School to
Air Conditioned Car to
Air Conditioned House

Repeat.

If you have to be outside...then you'll be in for some serious suckage! At least when it's really hot it will pour at like 4pm and cool you off for like 15 minutes!

Elissa "but then it turns into a greenhouse!" Alvey

Postby NitroJoeC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:37 pm

That's why you make friends with people that work at the parks and get Fastpasses/Express Passes. ;)

Joe "not a fan of lines, either" C.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!