Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 829: New Howl-O-Scream 2019 details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby chickenbowl » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:36 am

Well, we are CONFIRMED. Found on the City of Tampa building permits website was this permit - BDE-19-0439598

Filed on behalf of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment by general contractor "Rocky Mountain Construction"

Any normal person would've been convinced after the park explicitly teased it, but this is proof for the the weirdos who were convinced that BGT was going to give GCI a third try at the ride... :lmao:
Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 8.32.41 AM.png
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:57 am

^ To GCI's defense they did do a very nice job with GhostRider.

But yeah I think we all knew what they were hinting at and it's going to be incredible having an RMC at that park. The one thing they are missing is an airtime machine. Not anymore.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Nice, good to have confirmation.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa is one of my favourite parks in the world due to its great mix of theming, atmosphere, coasters and animals. This is going to make it even better! :D
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:00 am

I'm excited to see what they actually do with this thing. Will it still be two separate tracked racing/dueling coasters? converted into a single track with a single station like Colossus? Chopped up into one single long track with some of the structure removed? No idea but should be fun to see where this thing goes.

Also, will this be RMC's highest profile project to date? I guess Steel Vengeance was a pretty big deal in the coaster community, WIldfire looks amazing but is at a park that's a little off the beaten path. Busch Gardens is a year round park in the massively "visible" central Florida theme park market, probably the highest attended park to get an RMC to date. Feels like this could be a massive project for both the park and RMC.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:43 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Also, will this be RMC's highest profile project to date?

One could argue that Rocky Mountain's highest-profile project was New Texas Giant, which immediately put them as a new company on the map.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:43 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm excited to see what they actually do with this thing. Will it still be two separate tracked racing/dueling coasters? converted into a single track with a single station like Colossus? Chopped up into one single long track with some of the structure removed? No idea but should be fun to see where this thing goes.

Also, will this be RMC's highest profile project to date? I guess Steel Vengeance was a pretty big deal in the coaster community, WIldfire looks amazing but is at a park that's a little off the beaten path. Busch Gardens is a year round park in the massively "visible" central Florida theme park market, probably the highest attended park to get an RMC to date. Feels like this could be a massive project for both the park and RMC.

Yeah, it has the potential to be. Steel Vengeance had the biggest fair in the coaster community... probably since Millennium Force, but CP isn't really much of a blip on the radar for the average person run of the mill person in America who isn't an enthusiast. But most people have been to Disney World at some point, and everybody has obviously heard of Disney World. When the millions of non-coaster people visit Disney, they'll hear about what's going on in Tampa and be intrigued. Get ready for some long lines guys.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Planning on heading to the park sometime this week. Will the line skipper pass be necessary if I want to do all the major rides?
Signature?!?!?! What the hell am I buying?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby BintamiM » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:52 pm

[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]
Lucas The Drummer wrote:Planning on heading to the park sometime this week. Will the line skipper pass be necessary if I want to do all the major rides?

Yes. This week is the busiest time of the year for all Florida Theme Parks.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:42 am

BintamiM wrote:[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]
Lucas The Drummer wrote:Planning on heading to the park sometime this week. Will the line skipper pass be necessary if I want to do all the major rides?

Yes. This week is the busiest time of the year for all Florida Theme Parks.

Looking at the crowd calendars it does look like attendance drops off a cliff after New Years for the Florida parks though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!