Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Sir Haunts-a-lot

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby Vffreak07 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:10 am

I'm guessing (due to the massive layout) that it'll be something similar to a Wingrider.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:25 am

I was so bummed when Screamscape pulled that April fools joke by saying that B&M track was on site. I REALLY hope the rumors about this project being an Intamin coaster are true, judging by the rumored layout this thing looks like it could be a huge project.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 am

Florida finally getting a rocket coaster?

Mother of god this is most exciting.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 am

A water splashdown?? A park with two water splashdowns (not counting the water rides). Could it be an Aquatrax? Or maybe an extended Mack Super Splash with launch?

I found several mentions to Austrialia and New Zealand as well. I don't think this is for BGT. Aquatica sounds like a more feasable idea. I also found that a "Kangaloom" is a Kangaroo's watering hole.

Hmmmm...
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:14 am

If the rumors are true and that layout is true, then this will be one massive ride! I mean two launches? Not unheard of, yet if Intiman is making this ride i'm sure it will definitely pack a punch.

Quick question, but where else can Busch Garden's Tampa expand? I mean it looks like this ride is all over the place and they will have to either get rid of or move part of Rhino Ralley to squeeze it in. What other land does Busch have available to them?
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:38 am

It looks like an Intamin to me. if you look closely at the transfer brakes you can see an Intamin style switch track. The only thing that I find curious is whats up with the the weird twists and turns out of the station... Maybe it launches out of the station...

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:38 am

^^I do believe they've already said that Rhino Rally is changing next year and won't involve the water anymore. Unless I'm mistaken, they have had a TON of maintenance problems with the water finale and just want to "re-profile" the ride. And since they'll have that canyon already built, it only makes sense to use it for this potential coaster.

^If I had to speculate about the twists and turns out of the station, my guess is it would just be some kind of "pre-launch" themed part of the ride, maybe inside of a tunnel or trench?

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 am

So can someone screenshot the satellite image of the park and paint in where this ride is going to be? I know where the Rhino Rally canyons are, but I'm having a hard time conceptualizing in my head which direction the rest of that layout is heading.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Lady Gaga » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 am

KDcoasterMAN wrote:It looks like an Intamin to me. if you look closely at the transfer brakes you can see an Intamin style switch track. The only thing that I find curious is whats up with the the weird twists and turns out of the station... Maybe it launches out of the station...

Dark ride section maybe?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby coasterfreak80 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 am

I'm no engineer but these schematics appear to potentially include several inversions, including zero-g rolls (after the main launch) and corkscrews (near the top of he diagram). I am stoked about seeing the concept artwork and animated POV for this ride!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!