Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:44 am

A.J. wrote:I rode twice, both times at or near the front

... we need to talk. :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:20 am

coasterbill wrote:... we need to talk. :lol:

Hey, now! I was on a roll getting front seat rides on all the coasters, and the second time I rode I just made a bee-line for the row with the least wait in the station and it happened to be row 2. I'll be back in a few months... :lmao:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:05 am

I too think the front is the best seat on Kumba, but really that ride is awesome in any seat.

Now Montu is a different story. That one needs to be ridden in the back.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:07 am

A.J. wrote:
DBru wrote:Of all the great things I’ve heard (and said) about Kumba, this is not one of them. Lol

Well, I think they are! Should've said "the bottom of the drop" in hindsight but I think that both valleys (before and after the loop) are pretty intense (though a little bit more controlled than what happens afterward).

Ahhh that makes sense! I was thinking you were somehow experiencing some secret airtime that I needed to find out about. :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I too think the front is the best seat on Kumba, but really that ride is awesome in any seat.

Now Montu is a different story. That one needs to be ridden in the back.

I prefer the middle big-boy seats on Kumba (the front usually has a longer line than I want to deal with, and the back rattles me around a bit more than I like).

Back right is the place to be on Montu and SheiKra. Front is my preference for Cheetah Hunt, but the 2nd row is typically an acceptable compromise since its line is so much shorter.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am

With the high seat backs on Cheetah Hunt, I have no issue waiting extra for the front. I agree SheiKra (and most dive machines) are superior in the back. Fortunately the public doesn't share the same opinion so the line is always much shorter.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:With the high seat backs on Cheetah Hunt, I have no issue waiting extra for the front. I agree SheiKra (and most dive machines) are superior in the back. Fortunately the public doesn't share the same opinion so the line is always much shorter.

The view is neat in the front seat but I prefer the yank down the first drop in the back row of dive machines

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 am

I don't even know you people anymore. :lol:

Back row far side of Kumba is where it's at, and I'm really not one to have specific seating preferences on 95% of coasters.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 pm

coasterbill wrote:Back row far side of Kumba is where it's at, and I'm really not one to have specific seating preferences on 95% of coasters.

This this this this and this. Every seat is amazing, really, but there's a difference between great coaster and holy-sh*t-I'm-going-to-die. With far back, far right, you feel that difference. :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Back row, far right seat on Kumba is great after a recent refurb. For me however when it's been a while since the last one, I prefer 4th or 5th row right. Otherwise I get a massive headache. It's one of 2 or 3 B&M's that do this to me. Rougarou was one and Hulk would during the second half, but hadn't ridden since it was completely replaced. All the other B&Ms I've ridden I can marathon in any seat just fine.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS