Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Dombot » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:34 am

Howl-O-Scream 2018 is officially on! Went to the park last Saturday to check it out, and as always, it was awesome. BG really kills it every year with this event, I actually kinda like it more than Halloween Horror Nights. Quick thoughts:

-The park was DEAD. Like, I was really surprised to see that there was barely anyone at the park, and on the first weekend at that. Longest I waited for anything was 20 minutes for front row on Cheetah Hunt. lol

-The two new houses are actually crazy fun. Insomnia was probably my favorite of the night. The scare actors were great, and some of the sets are genuinely astounding. Simon's Slaughterhouse was pretty fun, except the 17+ thing is kinda dumb. I liked it a lot, but the rating is stupid. Still good, though.

-All the other houses are back! Motel Hell really delivered this year, that chainsaw guy in the rafters tho. OMG. I loved the new version of Unearthed, they dimmed the lights in the house significantly and hand you a flashlight at the start of the house. Awesome concept, makes for some really good scares.

-The coaster creatures are hilarious. I want that job. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Going to BGT for the first time since I was very little tomorrow. What should I ride first?
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby bgtlover » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 pm

cparkes92 wrote:Going to BGT for the first time since I was very little tomorrow. What should I ride first?

Cheetah Hunt. It tends to have the longest line most of the day, even when it's not too busy. If you get there at opening it's the first coaster you come to anyway when going to the right. After that, Cobra's Curse.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby cparkes92 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:54 am

bgtlover wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:Going to BGT for the first time since I was very little tomorrow. What should I ride first?

Cheetah Hunt. It tends to have the longest line most of the day, even when it's not too busy. If you get there at opening it's the first coaster you come to anyway when going to the right. After that, Cobra's Curse.

Thank you for the wise words. I went right to Cheetah Hunt and waited about a half hour. Then I ended up buying Quick Queue (a massive bargain compared to other chains) and riding Cobra’s Curse and Montu with no wait. Now waiting for a show before going to tackle the other coasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby cparkes92 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 am

On a side note, it might be warmer today than it was on my Kings Island heat exhaustion day last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:24 am

^ Stay hydrated. The heat here has been brutal this year. Hottest Sept. on record, and forecasters are saying there's more heat to come into October. Avg high for sept has been 94 this year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:28 am

Get a Quick Queue so you can skip the Stanley Falls line whenever you want (because it's truly the most miserable queue in the history of the world).

Postby cparkes92 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:28 am

djcoastermark wrote:^ Stay hydrated. The heat here has been brutal this year. Hottest Sept. on record, and forecasters are saying there's more heat to come into October. Avg high for sept has been 94 this year.

I managed to stay hydrated by downing five Powerades and a water.

coasterbill wrote:Get a Quick Queue so you can skip the Stanley Falls line whenever you want (because it's truly the most miserable queue in the history of the world).

I did get Quick Queue and Stanley Falls (and Congo River Rapids) was awfully tempting, but I didn't end up riding it (I had no change of clothes and I had a 1 1/2 hour bus ride back to Orlando). However, I did take the Sky Ride across the park. To sum up the crowds, most of the big coasters and Falcon's Fury were walk-ons all day (the longest was Cheetah Hunt (which was only 15-30 minutes at most) and Kumba, which was running one train) while Stanley Falls and Congo River Rapids had 15-30 minute waits most of the day

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:49 am

Local yokels, how are the crowds on Howl-O-Scream weekends during the day? I'm thinking about going to the park for the first time this weekend or the next.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!