Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 am

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us their latest press release regarding American Idol, Jordin Sparks' visit to the park.

Jordin Sparks, winner of the sixth season of American Idol, visited Busch Gardens Tampa Bay over the weekend with her cousins and family to ride roller coasters and hand-feed giraffes on the park’s 65-acre Serengeti Plain.

A reticulated giraffe’s tongue can be up to 14 inches long, and its black coloring provides a natural “sunscreen” to prevent burning as the giraffe grazes for food for hours each day.

Sparks, who was Idol’s youngest winner at 17 years old, followed her victory with the release of a debut album in 2007, which has gone platinum, and the hit single "No Air" with Chris Brown. She won an American Music Award in 2008 and received her first Grammy nomination in 2009.
JordinSparks_BGT.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:58 am

That picture is what Wes' nightmares are made of.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:25 pm

I thought she was a virgin

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:54 am

That picture definitely has the makings for a photoshop contest. ;)

Postby sam06pr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:31 pm

^I would love to see one...lol

Team Alcide!

Re: BGT Announces New Sesame Street Safari of Fun

Postby live2tell75 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:52 pm

This past weekend was the grand opening of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay's new family themed area: Sesame Street Safari of Fun! This new area is a re-theme of the park's previous family area, the Land of the Dragons. I decided to check out the new expansion on Sunday morning.

I thought it was very nice. The land doubled in size with the addition of a children's roller coaster: Air Grover. A great addition that the park has needed: a good kiddie coaster. The train is highly themed with your pilot Grover in the front and his co-pilot, a camel in the back. Other new additions to the area include a Burt & Ernie's water play area, Dine With Elmo and Friends (a character breakfast served in an open air seating restaurant), 123 - Smile With Me (A character photo meet and great/photo area) and Telly's Jungle Jam, a sound playground. Also there are 2 new shops featuring, you guessed it! - everything you could ever want Sesame related.

The rest of the land featured re-theming of the old Land of the Dragon rides and attractions to a Sesame theme. These include "Count's Zambezi Rally" a car ride and "Big Bird's Wirly Birdie", a kiddie ferris wheel. "Rosita's Djembe Fly-Away", a kiddie swing ride, which is new to this area. But I'm 99% sure this is the old kiddie swing ride that use to be at the entrance to Congo from TImbuktu for many years. Just now freshened up with a new theme. Other returning favorites include "Elmo's Safari-Go Round", a kiddie carousel, "Zoe-Patra and the Hippos of the Nile" a kiddie flume, "Snuffy's Elephant Romp", a flying Dumbo type ride and finally all the old play structures are still here just re-themed.

My biggest surprise of the day was checking out the Sesame Street Film Festival 4D Movie: Lights! Camera! Imagination! in the Timbuktu Theater. I actually thought this was a pretty good 3D movie. The picture was very sharp and the effects were great. I was never a big fan of the park's previous 3D movies: The Haunted Lighthouse or recently, Pirates 4D. They both always seemed kind of blurry.

My overall thought of the new area is that it is a good addition. The kids area now has an African theme which keeps with the rest of the park. And Sesame Street is a name brand that has lasted for generations. All the kids and families I saw that swarmed all over the place, all had big smiles. Alright enough talk onto the photos, enjoy!
1.jpg
Ads decorated throughout the park the new addition.
2.jpg
Sesame Street Safari of Fun is finally open!
3.jpg
More banners.
4.jpg
The entrance to the new land.
5.jpg
One of the new shops.
6.jpg
The theming on the building was very cute.
7.jpg
8.jpg
1 of 2 restrooms in the area.
9.jpg
The re-themed snack shop.
10.jpg
Elmo's Treehouse.
10.5.jpg
One of the 2 water areas, Oscar's Swamp Stomp.
11.jpg
12.jpg
The Count's themed car ride.
13.jpg
Count's Zambezi Rally
13.5.jpg
Big Bird's Wirly Birdie
14.jpg
Big Bird's Wirly Birdie
15.jpg
Rosita's Djembe Fly-Away
14.5.jpg
Rosita's Djembe Fly-Away
15.5.jpg
Telly's Jungle Jam
15.75.jpg
Telly's Jungle Jam
15.76.jpg
15.80.jpg
An old favorite from childhood returns.
15.90.jpg
A large sand box.
16.jpg
17.jpg
Elmo's Safari-Go Round
18.jpg
I thought the animals on Elmo's Safari-Go Round were very cute.
19.jpg
20.jpg
Snuffy's Elephant Romp
21.jpg
Snuffy's Elephant Romp
22.jpg
Snuffy's Elephant Romp
23.jpg
Zoe-Patra and the Hippos of the Nile
24.jpg
Zoe-Patra and the Hippos of the Nile
25.jpg
A Sunny Day Theater.
26.jpg
123-Smile With Me Character photo attraction and Air Grover on-ride photo shop.
27.jpg
Air Grover kiddie coaster
28.jpg
28.5.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
Air Grover kiddie coaster over the desert.
32.jpg
33.jpg
Grover's camel co-pilot.
34.jpg
Another new shop.
35.jpg
Burt and Ernie's Watering Hole, a new water play area.
36.jpg
This area will be packed a lot during the typical Florida heat.
37.jpg
More of Burt and Ernie's new water play area
38.jpg
Dine With Elmo and Friends
39.jpg
40.jpg
I like the theming on the buildings.
41.jpg
Outside the 4D theater in Timbuktu, now showing the Sesame Street Film Festival.
42.jpg
Some of the films featured during the fest.
43.jpg
Lights! Camera! Imagination 4D movie was very pleasant surprise.
44.jpg
I end this report with maybe a hint of next year's attraction, we shall see. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by live2tell75 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm.

Postby sam06pr » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm

For frequent visitors with their kids I think this area is a slap in the face for them. I dunno, I think some they were expecting more. As for new visitors or for people who do not come often, this area is a delightful area for their kids. I think BGT could of added a few more new kiddie rides to offset some negative feedback. I think the area looks nice and looks pretty cool.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Looks very nice. Im glad that it doesn't look really "cartoony" as that wouldn't really fit in with Busch Gardens. Even though I out grew Sesame Street a long time ago, I actually really want to check it out during my visit this summer. I still need to think of a way to convince my parents to let me get the Air Grover credit. ;)

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 pm

sam06pr wrote:For frequent visitors with their kids I think this area is a slap in the face for them. I dunno, I think some they were expecting more. As for new visitors or for people who do not come often, this area is a delightful area for their kids. I think BGT could of added a few more new kiddie rides to offset some negative feedback. I think the area looks nice and looks pretty cool.

I think you're being a bit harsh in your first sentence. To me, it looks like a very nice redress of the old Land of the Dragons--and it seems much larger than the Forest of Fun in Williamsburg.

The 4D flick is a good one (we have it at BGW, too).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Looks cute. Very interesting that they still had that really old kiddie chair swings sitting around.

I get that the Kiddie Coaster (with a good height restriction!!!) is themed to a desert, but that kind of seems like an easy way out of theming or landscaping and it looks kind of bad. :?r

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!