Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: DoinItForTheFame and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby RollingRunner » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:54 pm

From my experience riding Wildcat (@HP) with and without PTC trains, Millenium Flyers may be the best thing to happen to this coaster.
If it does eventually use the Flyers, Gwazi may almost be good as Lightning Racer! Smooth and Re-Rideable!
Good to see Busch keeping thier coasters in good shape!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/police-charge-busch-gardens-cashier-in-theft-of-ticket-money/1078244

When Busch Gardens heard that a cashier was voiding sales and pocketing ticket money, the company set up a sting with Tampa police.

An undercover officer tried to get the employee to void a sale Sunday, but it didn't work. Later in the day, as police watched, the guest services worker voided another transaction and kept $50 in cash, authorities said.

Police arrested Stephanie Jones Jolly, 44, of Temple Terrace, charging her with third-degree grand theft, petty theft and organized fraud. In the past 30 days, police said, she stole $610 by making fraudulent transactions. In custody, police said, she admitted to committing the same scheme since she began working at Busch Gardens in 2008. She told investigators she stole about $25,000 in total.

Adult admission to the park ranges from $69.95 for annual Florida resident passes to $74.95 for Florida visitors.

Busch Gardens declined to comment on Jolly or their own investigation. "We have zero tolerance for criminal acts committed on Busch Gardens' property," Greg Smith, spokesman for Busch Gardens' owner, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, said in a statement. "We are cooperating fully with law enforcement on this matter. As a matter of policy we do not comment on our security measures."

Jolly was released from the Hillsborough County jail after she posted $9,750 bail. State records show Jolly was arrested on a worthless check charge in 1991 and received three months' probation. No one answered her door or phone on Monday and she did not return messages.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 am

You know, I may not post much, but I remember back on the Midwest trip (like 2007); the GCI guys visited and I asked whether or not Gwazi would get Millennium Flyers in the future. They responded "We'll see, we're working on it." So glad this came to fruition! I haven't rode Gwazi since 2006 and it gave me a killer headache afterward. It aged like milk really fast.

But with Millennium Flyers, I hope Gwazi is enjoyable again. Millennium Flyer trains are comfortable compared to the PTC trains and should put less wear and tear on the wood.

I need to get back to Busch soon anyways. Haven't been there in forever. Also want to see more come out of the 2011 project rumbling about.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BGTKing » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:52 am

We can hope that they did make a big enough difference to be worth the investment. Not really sure when they would receive the new trains if they do.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ianf71 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I rode Kumba, Montu and Sheikra (twice) in the dark back in January (yes, it was only 6pm but it got dark real quick there) and the frozen faces and hands were worth it cos they were all great in the dark. As was the Skyride.
And the cold had chased off about 90% of the other park-goers once the sun had started to set, so zero queueing!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WildStangAlex » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Gwazi is getting new trains? What type? And are both sides operating?

My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about

Postby PriestofSyrinx » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 pm

^ Maybe.

Its still tentative, but pretty sure they will be used in the near future. Hopefully when they announce the Maverick-ish ride that is rumored, they will also announce new trains.

BTW. That news story is quite interesting. It will definitely be in Carl Hiassen's next novel. :roll:

I think the woman posted bail. Pocketed the 25k, and headed to Georgia.Time to call in The DOG! :lmao:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WildStangAlex » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 am

Does anybody know where you can find discounted tickets to busch gardens? I'll be going next Tuesday...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bobobobone » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Haha, I doubt Busch is saying anything about the trains. If anything happens, it will just operate like normal, with the new trains. It's not something really announcement worthy. Here's my problem, how come when tiger was in re-hab it didn't get new trains. Both sides are different tracks, so It's not like they can assume if it improves the experience on one it would work magically on the other. They would have to close tiger to test trains. So I'm wondering why they didn't do it during re-hab. Hmmmmmmm, wonder wonder wonder.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I, too, was wondering that about Tiger... I was really disappointed when I returned to BGT after the Tiger re-track and they were still running the PTC trains... My hopes of MF trains were pretty much shattered... the ride did run seemingly a bit smoother (but it was a REALLY cold day, which probably helped...) but still wished it was a Millenium Flyer... And now with the testing of the MF train on the Lion side, if all goes (fingers crossed tightly) well, will Tiger infact have to shut down all over again?... I'm all for it, but seems a bit backwards to me... either way, I'm drooling over the possibility...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!