Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbear30 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:18 am

I rode Gwazi back in March of 2009 and OMG had it gotten so much rougher since my first ride in 07. So rough in fact that I said I would not ride it again. It beat the hell out of me. For wood coasters, it rates right up there with GA Cyclone and that crap is the worst. So a HUGE THANK YOU to BGA for getting MF's for Gwazi, it will for sure improve the ride experience.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 am

Did anyone see the Cheetah Picture?

Should be interesting to see if anything transpires there...

I was surprised no one pointed out in that link where it mentioned Kumba looks like it is going to be down for most of the month of May. If they give this coaster a little love and a new paint job, this could be bigger than the news of Gwazi adding the Millenium trains!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Sue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:20 am

While I generally prefer PTC trains to GCI trains, I think GCI trains could only help in this case. After our rides on Gwazi Lion in December, I all but put that coaster on my "don't need to ride ever again" list.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 am

Does anyone else notice the extended backrests/headrests?

No other MF train has them...what makes Gwazi so different?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 am

alpengeist04 wrote:
doom1001 wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:

From what I've heard it may be a Maverick style ride themed to a Cheetah,that would be amazing if it's true,but don't they already have a coaster with Cheetah in it's name.

You mean that waste of a coaster in Timbuktu that was handed down from BGW. Trust me, I would take a Maverick style Cheetah themed coaster over that generic wild mouse Cheetah any day. I just had to say that. I got my Cheetah Chase credit years ago, and haven't looked back since. :p

That is not what he is saying...He said that BGT might get a new coaster themed around a cheetah, but that it was kinda weird because BGT already has a Coaster name after a Cheetah, even thought its a wild mouse. In other words Why not theme it to some other animal

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 am

There seems to always be a lot of hate for Gwazi... and sure, I can see where some of it comes from... but I've always been a defender of it for some odd reason... Maybe its because I think it is such a pretty coaster... sure she has her cranky days (REALLY cranky where it kicks the living crap out of you), but other days I just think she is just amazingly playful and fun... for me, I've always defended this coaster, despite the sometimes seemingly "two minute car crash" similator... but when it is good, I truly feel it is amazing...

Now over the past few years, I've always wondered with high hopes if Gwazi would EVER receive the MF trains... and a few months ago when Tiger was closed, I prayed that it was for a re-track (which it looked like they WERE doing...) Fast Forward a couple of months and Lion is closed for the same treatment... but much to my disappointment, Tiger is running with the same ole PTC trains... albeit running a bit better, but not as smooth as I was hoping... but now with THIS news, my hopes may still come true... I raise my Amber Boch in high hopes that BGT strongly considers arranging for their own sets of MF trains... Gwazi deserves it... BGT fans deserve it... give this coaster the love it truly needs...

Oh... on a complete side note... my partner and I love this coaster so much that we named one of our cats after it... that and its just fun to yell "GWAZI" when he mis-behaves... which seems to be A LOT!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:35 am

^^Yea, I knew exactly what he meant. I was just saying that I thought the current Cheetah was a waste, and would prefer a Maverick style coaster with the same theme instead. I wasn't trying to imply that it would replace it.

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am

I've never had an issue with Gwazi either, well... only if I ride the front row do I not have a problem with it. Any other row besides the front beats the hell out of me, so I'll take that extra five-ten minute wait for the front seat.

I'm really excited that they're testing out Millennium Flyers on Gwazi though! After riding Kentucky Rumbler the first thought that went through my mind was, I want them on Gwazi, and now they've arrived!

Maybe this move from Busch wasn't such a bad idea, unless these upgrades/new attractions were already in the works when the parks were sold.
Signature.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 am

Ghostrider at Knott's is a brutally rough ride. When it was new it was the best woodie in California (not the highest of bars). Has Gwazi fallen so far?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby FrightFest1408 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

The Train are just for testing guys.The BGTguide webmaster told me.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!