Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 23 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Final Destination Guy!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby Goliath513 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 pm

^I would guess these are new. Hersheypark's Wildcat got new Millennium Flyers when they replaced their PTC's. Which brings up a good point; Wildcat was pretty rough even after they got the Millennium Flyers. The track damage from the PTC's was still there. Now I didn't get to ride it before the changed the trains, but from what I heard it was a lot worse. Gwazi will certainly be better with the new trains, but by no means perfect unless some serious track work is done to fix the damage. The biggest difference between PTC's and Millennium Flyers on an identical track layout can be noticed by riding Roar at SFA (PTC's) and SFDK's Roar (Millennium Flyers). Even on a bad day, SFDK's was still far more enjoyable than SFA's. I'm wondering what will happen to these PTC trains now that they are out of use. Maybe they will go to another ride for replacement trains like Hershey sent Wildcat's trains to Lake Compounce for Boulder Dash, or spare parts.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:17 pm

That's awesome that they are finally getting some! These trains are sort of like Pepsi throwback, but with coasters! :lmao:
STUCK IN NH

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Goliath513 wrote:^I would guess these are new. Hersheypark's Wildcat got new Millennium Flyers when they replaced their PTC's. Which brings up a good point; Wildcat was pretty rough even after they got the Millennium Flyers. The track damage from the PTC's was still there. Now I didn't get to ride it before the changed the trains, but from what I heard it was a lot worse. Gwazi will certainly be better with the new trains, but by no means perfect unless some serious track work is done to fix the damage. The biggest difference between PTC's and Millennium Flyers on an identical track layout can be noticed by riding Roar at SFA (PTC's) and SFDK's Roar (Millennium Flyers). Even on a bad day, SFDK's was still far more enjoyable than SFA's. I'm wondering what will happen to these PTC trains now that they are out of use. Maybe they will go to another ride for replacement trains like Hershey sent Wildcat's trains to Lake Compounce for Boulder Dash, or spare parts.

BGA has been re-tracking many sections on the ride since it when down in feb (or jan?) So I guess they did it to get it ready for the new trains. I heard they are only testing them

Did anyone see the Cheetah Picture?
bgtguide.com/
Some Say it may be a clue to something new
www.floridathrills.net/content/attachments/1305d1267688597-jpg.html

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby knowit » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Adding the flyers was a great improvement for Wildcat at Hersheypark. Now I don't need an adjustment every time I ride it!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Yay!!! :b I've been wanting these trains ever since I rode Lightning Racer!!!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:41 pm

sam06pr wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:
bgtguide.com/

From what I've heard it may be a Maverick style ride themed to a Cheetah,that would be amazing if it's true,but don't they already have a coaster with Cheetah in it's name.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coasterfrk49 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:03 pm

If Busch Gardens is just borrowing these from a different park, I really hope they end up buying a set. Of those I've ridden, Gwazi is easily my least favorite GCI. Adding some Millennium Flyers would definitely help the ride experience. Without a major change, like new adding new trains, I would have no plans of riding Gwazi whenever visiting Busch Gardens. So here's hoping that the Millennium Flyers are there to stay!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 pm

I am very happy for you BGT, you finally accepted the fact that Gwazi stunk and it needed a new twist on things. This will improve Gwazi without a doubt.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 am

It's always good to see an amusement park take care of its existing coasters and upgrade them from time to time. However, I am not understanding all this PTC bashing because I rode Hershey's Wildcat with the PTCs and it seemed fine to me. Given the MFs can navigate the track easier it is still basically the same coaster. Nobody seems to complain about the PTCs on the GGs and older CCIs. I guess its a GCII thing...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:02 am

doom1001 wrote:
sam06pr wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:
bgtguide.com/

From what I've heard it may be a Maverick style ride themed to a Cheetah,that would be amazing if it's true,but don't they already have a coaster with Cheetah in it's name.

You mean that waste of a coaster in Timbuktu that was handed down from BGW. Trust me, I would take a Maverick style Cheetah themed coaster over that generic wild mouse Cheetah any day. I just had to say that. I got my Cheetah Chase credit years ago, and haven't looked back since. :p

As for the Millennium Flyers, thank you!!! It's about time!!!! Heck, the last time I was even on Gwazi, was a little over a year ago. ...And that's with a season pass and going 6-7 times a year. I really do hope this helps the ride, because it really could be a fun coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!