Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 829: New Howl-O-Scream 2019 details announced!
Users viewing this topic: CoasterFEV and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby viking86 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:47 am

Backseat on Kumba is a must! For SheiKra I would do front row first just for the view , then go for the back row for a better drop sensation.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby titancoaster » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 am

So I am about to leave for my Disney/Busch Gardens trip in a few days. I see above many great tips on how to best avoid lines at the park. I just have two questions:
1. what has your experience been like on the Mears shuttle from Orlando?
2. What are the policies with Backpacks at the park. I know Disney lets them on everything, and I am used to Six Flags policy of bins in the station. Will I get those options or are they like Universal where fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are required.

Thanks!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/e71644e4357b2eaae0512afecede39c0.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby cwgator » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:33 am

The Mears shuttle is great. I used it a few times back when I first started visiting Orlando/Tampa. Depending on your pickup spot it takes an hour-hour 20 minutes to get to the park. Just be sure to arrive a bit early at your pickup spot and be sure to be back at the bus before it's scheduled return time (which they will tell you on your bus). The thing with this is they usually return before park closing (usually by 6 or 7PM) so don't expect to get any night rides.

They do not allow backpacks on rides and you will need to use a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for most coasters. They do have bins/cubbyholes for shoes/flipflops/cups but they aren't secured and used at your own risk. You may be able to leave your bag off to the side at some flat rides. I hadn't been recently, but the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo used to be 50 cents...I heard they went up but someone else here perhaps can confirm.
CURRENT COASTER CREDIT COUNT: 80
A little behind...planning to catch-up soon...

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Yeah, bags aren't allowed in line at major rides. There are cubbies, but as they are unsecured, bags and other valuable items aren't allowed. Non-valuables, such as hats, glasses, cups, etc are allowed in line and will be placed in the cubbies. There are small free fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at the top of Cheetah Hunt and SkeiKra for phones and other small valuables. If you don't have a secure pockets use those fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. A ride operator will gladly lock it up for you while you buckle yourself in. Loose articles are considered secure when placed in a zippered pocket or fanny pack (hats on belt loops will be asked to be removed and places in a cubby, so don't bother attaching it there, cuz it will just slow down the operators), or in the case of GoPros or other similar cameras, a chest or wrist mount (not a strap, but a mount). Anything else is not allowed, and if seen, you will be asked to place it in a cubby.

fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are $0.50 each time you lock them, and have no time limit. They only take quarters, and there are change machines that take $1 and $5 bills near most of them. Cards are not accepted. They have implemented new fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at SeaWorld that take cards, but are much more expensive ($1 for the first hour, $2 for each hour after that vs $0.50 for as long as you want). Not sure if they will be coming to our park, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I think that covers everything you could possibly want to know.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby titancoaster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Thank y'all for the help!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/e71644e4357b2eaae0512afecede39c0.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Donkey123 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:07 pm

How bad are the lines in the middle of August and does Quick Queue assign you to a seat or can you pick your own seat.
I might be young, but I still know a lot about theme parks.

Parks I am going to for the first time ever in 2015: Kings Dominion (July 27), Busch Gardens Williamsburg (July 25 and 26), Busch Gardens Tampa (August 12), Six Flags America (June 14), Islands of Adventure (August 13-15), and Universal Studios (August 13-15)

Postby rcrider4 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:26 am

School goes back in session on Aug 25, so any day before that will have more crowds, but still shouldn't be too bad, especially on a weekday. I'd wait until you get there before deciding on Quick Queue or not, and don't go to Cheetah Hunt first thing to decide, as between opening and 1pm, the line will definitely be long. As for seating with Quick Queue, it spits you out at the area where you choose your rows (the "bullpens"), so you can choose your own row.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Donkey123 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Thank you, I will be going on a weekday so I hopefully won't get too bad of lines, but there's always a backup Quick Queue which sounds very good.
I might be young, but I still know a lot about theme parks.

Parks I am going to for the first time ever in 2015: Kings Dominion (July 27), Busch Gardens Williamsburg (July 25 and 26), Busch Gardens Tampa (August 12), Six Flags America (June 14), Islands of Adventure (August 13-15), and Universal Studios (August 13-15)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thechadinator » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Donkey123 wrote:How bad are the lines in the middle of August and does Quick Queue assign you to a seat or can you pick your own seat.

The lines at Busch Gardens are never necessarily long, compared to queuing times at places like Universal Studios or Walt Disney World in Orlando.

The average wait times on Busch Gardens Popular Attractions(For Me):
Montu: Walk-On - 5 Minutes
Cheetah Hunt - 10 Minutes - 35 Minutes
SheiKra - Walk-On - 15 Minutes
Kumba - Walk-On almost always
Scorpion - 5 Minutes - 20 Minutes
Gwazi - You might be waiting at the entrance of this one for a while, but don't worry! The ride is definitely not closed for good!
Falcon's Fury - 15 Minutes - 45 Minutes

In all of my visits to this park, I have never purchased a Quick Queue, because I don't need it. Hope this helped!
Current Coaster Credits: 51
Florida Theme Park Addict :lmao:
Love Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal, and Carowinds. :mickey:

Postby rcrider4 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Maybe during the off season, but for the on season it's more of:

Montu: Walk-On - 20 Minutes
Cheetah Hunt - 15 Minutes - 75 Minutes
SheiKra - 5 minutes - 30 Minutes
Kumba - Walk-On almost always
Scorpion - 5 Minutes - 30 Minutes
Falcon's Fury - 15 Minutes - 60 Minutes
Sand Serpent - 10 Minutes - 45 Minutes
Phoenix - Walk On - 15 Minutes
Congo River Rapids - 15 Minutes - 90 Minutes (all depends on the weather)
Flume - 15 Minutes - 60 Minutes (also weather dependent)
Tidal Wave - Usually a near walk on, but can sometimes go up to 45 Minutes if other water attractions break down
Skyride - 10 Minutes - 45 Minutes on the Crown Colony side, 5 Minutes - 30 Minutes on the Stanleyville side
Ubanga-Banga Bumper Cars - 5 Minutes - 20 Minutes

But yeah, I've been going to this park for well over 10 years and I've never been there for a full day and ran out of time to do everything, with the exception of days with an abnormally large amounts of lightning related park shutdowns.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!