Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby ragerunner2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:45 am

Thank you for the photos.

The more I learn about Cobra's Curse the more excited I am. Between the unique indoor queue line (that will follow the concept of Manta at Sea World) and the outdoor theming, this ride will definite step up Busch Gardens game.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby moneygrabber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:34 pm

How bad are Saturdays? I will be at the park next Saturday for the first time and I would like to know a good attack plan because I will be at Universal during the upcoming week and only have the one day at Busch Gardens. Thanks
1. El Toro 2. Maverick 3. Intimidator 305 4. Banshee 5. Coney Island Cyclone 6. Millenium Force 7. Phantom's Revenge 8. The Legend 9. Tennessee Tornado 10. Bizarro (Six Flags Great Adventure)

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:22 pm

They're definitely the worst day of the week, but the park is open from 9:30-midnight, so you'll have plenty of time to do everything. Just make sure you wait until 2:30-4:30 to ride Cheetah Hunt and you'll be able to ride everything. Also, make sure to see Kinetix, as it's a really good show.

Postby moneygrabber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 pm

rcrider4 wrote:They're definitely the worst day of the week, but the park is open from 9:30-midnight, so you'll have plenty of time to do everything. Just make sure you wait until 2:30-4:30 to ride Cheetah Hunt and you'll be able to ride everything. Also, make sure to see Kinetix, as it's a really good show.

Does Cheetah Hunt have that long of a line until that frame and then its good for the rest of the day?
1. El Toro 2. Maverick 3. Intimidator 305 4. Banshee 5. Coney Island Cyclone 6. Millenium Force 7. Phantom's Revenge 8. The Legend 9. Tennessee Tornado 10. Bizarro (Six Flags Great Adventure)

Postby rcrider4 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:35 am

The line is the shortest during that time, as well as any time after 9pm. Especially do not ride it in the early morning, as everyone goes there first, so it will usually have over an hour line for the first half of the day, fading down to 20-40 minutes as it gets past 2pm since everyone goes to eat at the back of the park. Then it starts to build at 4ish, then fades down again as it gets closer to 9 since most people go to see Kinetix, and then it stays shorter for the rest of the night.

Postby moneygrabber » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm sorry for bombarding this thread, but if anyone knows the best seats on the coasters, I'd love to get the full experience, especially for Kumba, I'm really excited for that.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Khat26 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:40 pm

^ The best seats on Cheetah Hunt are the first two rows, they give the best airtime up the tree.

Get a back row, far right seat ride on Kumba.

Montu is great in the front or back. Same for Sheikra.

Make time for Falcon's Fury, you won't be disappointed.

Postby sirspud » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:37 pm

For Sheikra, definitely try both the back row and the front. They both experience the major parts differently and its worth having both experiences. It's rare that the ride has a line that makes doing this in quick succession difficult. I don't think there is anything about Montu or Kumba that makes them any different from any other looper in terms of seats, obviously the back has a bit more G in a lot of elements. For Cheetah Hunt, I find the back is dramatically better, but since the ride is designed by Intamin its made with terrible capacity, so to try and keep the line somewhat manageable they assign seats.
1. X2 (SFMM) 2. Phantom's Revenge (KW). 3. Millennium Force (CP) 4. The Phoenix (Knoebel's) 5. Thunderbolt (KW). 6. Sheikra (BGT) 7. Lightning Racer (HP) 8. Magnum (CP) 9. White Lightening (Fun Spot) 10. Raging Bull (SFGAM)

Postby rcrider4 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 pm

The front is definitely better on Cheetah Hunt just for the forces at the top of the tower after the second launch. The back just gets slowly dragged over the top. Also, almost all employees at that ride do not assign rows when running dual station. Keeping up with 16 rows is practically impossible, so we just tell you which station to go to and let you decide on the row you want.

Postby moneygrabber » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 pm

I really appreciate this guys. My excitement for Kumba is really nearing critical levels at this point.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!