Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby rcrider4 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:21 pm

I mean Cheetah Hunt is the ride that breaks down the most in the park, but it's the most complicated one, so that's not surprising. Nothing that I know of bad enough to hurt the relationship of the two companies.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:08 pm

palavos3 wrote:No, this coaster will be LOUSY!! The layout is total crap plus the fact that the seats spin will make park guests very dizzy. Which means Cobra's Curse will be their last ride of the day.

It will only be your last ride of the day if you have motion sickness and are stupid enough to ride. If you get sick from spinning rides and you decide to ride a coaster that you fear will make you sick, then you deserve to have it be your last coaster of the day.

Are you also going to come to the defense of people with vertigo that can't enjoys ride with height?
Are you also against the animal exhibits that people with animal phobias can visit?
How about the park serving food items that diabetics and those with food allergies can't enjoy?
How about the people coulrophobia, kinemortophobia or sanguivoriphobia who could be traumatized during HalloScream?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ragerunner2 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:58 pm

I am really excited for the future of Busch Gardens Tampa. If they move forward on their overall plans to turn the park(s) into a resort experience, I am sure Cobra's Curse will only be the beginning of more highly themed rides/experiences.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 am

BGT HOS Logo.jpg

HOWL-O-SCREAM 2015 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE

Tampa Bay’s Premier Halloween Event Has Unearthed a New Evil and Returns to Busch Gardens for 19 Nights

TAMPA, Fla. (June 17, 2015) –This fall, for 19 select nights, Howl-O-Scream® 2015 returns to Busch Gardens® Tampa with sinister surprises and unexpected terrors around every corner. Howl-O-Scream 2015 has Unearthed a new evil and Busch Gardens’ 300 acres will be overgrown with new dark and sinister fun.

Hundreds of roaming creatures will swarm in the streets, making escape nearly impossible. A chilling live show will get your pulse pounding, and Florida’s top thrill rides in the dark, including North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower Falcon’s Fury™, will keep the screams coming all night long.

Freaky Preview returns this year and will open Howl-O-Scream 2015 on Friday, Sept. 25 and Saturday, Sept. 26. The event then runs Thursday through Saturday nights, Oct. 1 – 31, and select Sunday nights, Oct. 18 and 25. Operating event hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Get your tickets early and save on a single terrifying night at Howl-O-Scream 2015. For a limited time, any single-day admission to Howl-O-Scream 2015 is $45. Plus, Busch Gardens Pass Members receive a limited-time exclusive discount on any single-day admission to Howl-O-Scream 2015 for only $35.

Howl-O-Scream 2015 is a separate-ticketed night event. No costumes are allowed. Stay tuned to HowlOScream.com for the latest terrifying details, or call 1-888-800-5447 for more information.

Join the conversation by using #EvilUnearthed and follow Howl-O-Scream on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube to learn about promotions and insider information first.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:06 am

Wasn't "Unearthed" a scare zone a few years ago?

Howl-O-Scream looks to deliver yet again another awesome year!
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Last night Theme Park Review was invited to the launch of the 2015 edition of Summer Nights at Busch Gardens Tampa. The event includes extra entertainment including a new version of the wildly popular Kinetix and DJ dance parties throughout the park along with extended park hours allowing guests to enjoy more rides, shows and animal experiences in the park! Summer Nights is included in standard park admission and well worth staying around after dark--just think, coasters in the dark! :lover:
001.JPG
Over near Zagora Cafe a new Zagora Market stand is being constructed.
002.JPG
Cheetah Hunt has blended into the Serengeti beautifully...
003.JPG
Rhino Rally no more.
004.JPG
A welcome sight when entering Pantopia.
005.JPG
New food options!
006.JPG
The Dragon Fire Grill is officially open!
007.JPG
The Dragon Fire Pub is too!
008.JPG
It looks great inside!
009.JPG
I can never get enough of Sheikra!
010.JPG
Such a fun effect to watch!
011.JPG
Going down!
012.JPG
It isn't a trip to Busch Gardens Tampa without some Zambia Smokehouse ribs!
013.JPG
These people have no idea how wet they are about to be.
014.JPG
Many people forget that the Tanganyika Tidal Wave still operates in the back corner of Stanleyville... It still makes quite a splash!
015.JPG
Awesome!
016.JPG
I haven't given Kumba enough photo love recently...
017.JPG
So I'm gonna make up for that.
018.JPG
I love this one!
019.JPG
Phoenix basking in the daytime glow of the moon.
020.JPG
One of several DJ dance parties set up throughout the park for Summer Nights.
021.JPG
I've got a photo addiction when it comes to Sheikra.
022.JPG
023.JPG
The park is open until midnight!
024.JPG
Next up was a pre-Kinetix party!
025.JPG
Kinetix is hosted on a stage in the former "Gwazi Park" often used for special events.
026.JPG
I like desserts.
027.JPG
Kinetix is an annual Summer Nights show that features singing, dancing, acrobatics and pyro all combined for an awesome experience!
028.JPG
Contortionists!
029.JPG
Some incredible acrobats at work.
030.JPG
Aeriel stunts are also a part of Kinetix.
031.JPG
I'd never before seen an act where people are flung off of a see-saw into the air.
032.JPG
033.JPG
The evening concludes with fireworks in view from Gwazi Park.
034.JPG
There are some great pyro moments during the show.
035.JPG
Fireworks lovers will definitely enjoy this one.
036.JPG
Noted!
037.JPG
Nothing to see here...
038.JPG
Cheetah Hunt looks gorgeous at night!
039.JPG
Walls have taken up half of Egypt in preparation for construction on Cobra's Curse for 2016.
040.JPG
The construction wall keeps going...
041.JPG
And going...
042.JPG
And goes all the way down past the entrance to Montu.
043.JPG
Another DJ dance party in front of Cheetah Hunt.
044.JPG
Special thanks to Busch Gardens Tampa for hosting us during this fun evening! Summer Nights runs on Fridays and Saturdays through August 16th some head to Busch Gardens Tampa to check it out!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Donkey123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:58 am

I am going to Busch Gardens Tampa on the second week of August for the first time ever. What day of the week has the shortest lines and how will the lines be in general in that time of the year? Should I think about getting the quick queue?
I might be young, but I still know a lot about theme parks.

Parks I am going to for the first time ever in 2015: Kings Dominion (July 27), Busch Gardens Williamsburg (July 25 and 26), Busch Gardens Tampa (August 12), Six Flags America (June 14), Islands of Adventure (August 13-15), and Universal Studios (August 13-15)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:07 am

Dragon Fire looks great!

Certainly can't balk about more food and adult beverage options in the park!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Donkey123 wrote:I am going to Busch Gardens Tampa on the second week of August for the first time ever. What day of the week has the shortest lines and how will the lines be in general in that time of the year? Should I think about getting the quick queue?

Same as any theme park. Go on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and you won't need quick queue. Buy it if the park is loaded with tour groups and the waits are longer than you would wish.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Thank you, jedimaster1227! Great report! I'll be seeing Kinetix this week and I'm really looking forward to it! Great photos, too! Kumba and Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt all lend themselves greatly to good photography. :)

I can report back about the lines in early August, I'll still be here by then!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!