Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Tuly » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:18 pm

I was wondering how the lines would be for the rides next 6/16 or 6/17 during the whole day. Any ideas on what to ride at what times?
Montu : The Boss : Goliath(SFGAM)
Coaster Count : 30

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Skiebs » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:00 pm

^Busch Gardens rarely gets busy enough to strategize your trip but the only rides that get really long lines are Cheetah Hunt which averages I'd say about 50 minutes and Shiekra which can get around 20 minutes but Falcons Fury, Kumba, Montu, Scorpion, and the others rides are usually a breeze. The water rides can also get rather long too.
Last edited by Skiebs on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:38 am.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Yeah. About the only thing I can say is, unless you get to it in the first 15-20 minutes of park opening, wait to ride Cheetah Hunt until at least after 2pm. Everyone goes there first, so the line stays very long for the first part of the day, but after people stop entering the park and the existing people move to the back, the line dies down dramatically. It will be about 45-75 minutes until about 12, and by 2-3pm, it will be below 30 minutes. It happens every day like clockwork. Also, seems like common sense, but water rides are busiest during the middle of the day. If you want to skip the lines, go do them while everyone is at Cheetah Hunt, then catch a ride on SheiKra (or vice versa. Either way, dothe water rides and SheiKra first to avoid lines). Won't be as effective at cooling you off. But you can always just go stand under SheiKra's splash zone if you really want to get wet in the middle of the day. As Skeibs said, everything else won't have too much of a wait, and if it somehow does, just come back to it later. Usually just means you got unlucky and some big tour group went in before you and the line will be back to normal within an hour.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Tuly » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Thank you for replying! Sort of glad my family decided against the fast lane passes if the lines are going to be short. A very large thanks! :b
Montu : The Boss : Goliath(SFGAM)
Coaster Count : 30

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby palavos3 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:41 pm

No, this coaster will be LOUSY!! The layout is total crap plus the fact that the seats spin will make park guests very dizzy. Which means Cobra's Curse will be their last ride of the day. Busch Gardens should have taken Lion And Tiger Gwazi, merged them together, retracked it and made a very large airtime filled hybrid coaster. Instead they gave us a ride which will be at best a letdown and at worst a liability. Very poor decision by park management.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:50 pm

palavos3 wrote:No, this coaster will be LOUSY!! The layout is total crap plus the fact that the seats spin will make park guests very dizzy. Which means Cobra's Curse will be their last ride of the day. Busch Gardens should have taken Lion And Tiger Gwazi, merged them together, retracked it and made a very large airtime filled hybrid coaster. Instead they gave us a ride which will be at best a letdown and at worst a liability. Very poor decision by park management.

So the layout that hasn't even been released or construced yet is total crap? Okay..............

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:03 pm

palavos3 wrote:No, this coaster will be LOUSY!! The layout is total crap plus the fact that the seats spin will make park guests very dizzy. Which means Cobra's Curse will be their last ride of the day. Busch Gardens should have taken Lion And Tiger Gwazi, merged them together, retracked it and made a very large airtime filled hybrid coaster. Instead they gave us a ride which will be at best a letdown and at worst a liability. Very poor decision by park management.

Haters gonna hate!

Taters gonna tate!

Masters gonna bate! :lmao:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Thank you for your opinion. It has been duly noted and logged.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby nswain1110 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:39 pm

It wouldn't be a real forum if it wasn't visited by a troll every now and then - I'm gonna choose to stop feeding them though - it only makes them hungrier ;)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 pm

So I got to go to the park for the first time in years last week. I have to say, falcons fury was absolutely worth any delays or issues they had in construction. This might be one of my favorite rides of all time. I've never experienced anything like it in my life! It's also one of the most beautiful rides I've ever seen/watched. The insane paint job is icing on the cake..

MAJOR WIN for BGT. I think the GP would agree as well, I saw people of all ages coming off that ride completely blown away, and it seems to draw a steady crowd the whole day. Though, I was lucky enough to catch it early in the morning when it had no line and got a couple rides in thankfully.

I think this and cheetah hunt (loved it!) were two rides that fill out this park lineup perfectly, and I really hope to see busch work with intamin more in the future to produce such high quality rides. Has there been any technical issues/ breakdowns with these rides since they have opened? I feel like, other than the difficulty perfecting falcons fury, these rides have been reliable enough that they would consider doing more business with them.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!