Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Permanent Tourist

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby Electerik » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:Busch Gardens Tampa has updated its refurbishment schedule to include new information about the pending closures of some of their various attractions. Closures of note include the refurbishment of the Sky Ride (which utilizes the same station building as the former monorail) at least until the end of the year, as well as the closure of the park's train for just over a month. A more detailed look at the complete schedule can be found here:

http://www.buschgardens.com/bgt/CP/?page=Attraction%20Closures

Having now actually clicked on the link above, it seems the Sky Ride is scheduled to be down June 1 - December 31. So, presumably, it's still open now.

Honestly, I think I'll be slightly disappointed if BGT's next coaster (whenever it happens) isn't a hyper. They have too much upsidedown-ness as it is, in my opinion. Having said that, it always makes me laugh when someone says, "X-park NEEDS another big coaster." Because that need will never end (from that person's perspective).

I find that I prefer parks that have from two to six coasters. More than that, and they tend to become pretty unbalanced: All coasters (many of which they clearly don't care about anymore) and no fun.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Regarding the suppose Feb 25th announcement....I highly doubt is about a new coaster but more of some sort of attraction between now and summer. Many markers have shown up all over the EOA area. The South end of the park needs more rides. It only has Gwazi, Montu, and now Gwazi Gliders Kiddie Rides. I think Like everyone else BGT should put some dark ride in Egypt, I just don't want a Darkastle style ride because IOA already has one like that. So something perhaps more unique. There are a lot of new ideas coming from Mack, Vekoma and even Alterface that BGT should def take advantage of

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Deleted by author
Last edited by themeparkman25 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:56 pm.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rider-x » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am

Darkastle..... I wouldnt think that would work so close to Spiderman. There are no true airtime machines in florida so I'm hoping for one.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 am

^I disagree. I think that a DarKastle-like ride, if done well, would offer a nice bit of variety for Busch Gardens Tampa despite the presence of Spider-man in Orlando. It's not the ride system that matters--it's the quality of the experience. The presence of animals at BGT certainly didn't stop Disney from building Animal Kingdom.

But we'll see. I certainly wouldn't object to the park getting some sort of hyper coaster.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:33 am

cfc wrote:^I disagree. I think that a DarKastle-like ride, if done well, would offer a nice bit of variety for Busch Gardens Tampa despite the presence of Spider-man in Orlando. It's not the ride system that matters--it's the quality of the experience. The presence of animals at BGT certainly didn't stop Disney from building Animal Kingdom.

I very much agree with your premise, Chuck, but I think you've picked a dubious example.

I am firmly in the camp of paranoid delusionals who think Disney built an animal park because of BGT, not despite it. Just like they built Disney/MGM is response to USF. And I'm sure, even as we speak, some big Disney mucky-muck is trying to figure out how to out-lego Legoland.

But back to agreeing. BGT and IOA both have a rapids rides, log flumes, and shoot-the chutes. MK and USF both have shooting dark rides. Everyone and their mom has 4-D shows (sometimes, multiple ones in the same park!) You get the idea.

Even from a marketing perspective, how much of the GP is going to be savvy enough to see an advertisement for DarKastle and think, "Hey, that's just like Spider-Man"?

Dark rides are important to the Central Florida market. And BGT needs one.

/And also, a hypercoaster. :p

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 am

Although Florida has no mega coaster, I'd rather see a unique dark ride using the Spiderman/DarKastle ride system at BGT. It's a great ride system and there are already a ton of B&M Mega Coasters out there. And more will be built for sure.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:03 am

^I agree, B&M mega-coaster have become really redundant and bland IMO. There's a ton of them out there already and they're all becoming really similar. I'd rather see something more unique at this park; I certainly wouldn't complain about an Intamin project or a dark ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am

Swimace wrote:I certainly wouldn't complain about an Intamin project or a dark ride.

I won't be picky, I'll take either one. ;)

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm holding out for a new monorail. Or a brewery. Or a monorail through a brewery......with wildlife serving the beer.

Or just a megalite.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!