Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 829: New Howl-O-Scream 2019 details announced!
Users viewing this topic: Tiger and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:43 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:
rcjp wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Sorry for the double post but today we got to do behind-the-scenes tours of all the coasters and I took some photos on my iPod. I'm not the greatest at taking photos so excuse the quality.

Also, the lady giving us a tour of Montu called the 3rd inversion a "camelback hill" and I'm pretty sure it's a 0G roll. Also, every single person called the wheels under the track "up-lift wheels" but I've always known them as upstop wheels....is there another term for it or is everyone at Busch literally going crazy?

I've always heard upstop wheels which makes sense as they stop you from going up and not the other way round.

I've never heard them called uptrack wheels before, so maybe that was a slip of the tongue. Uptrack doesn't really make sense as a term. I've heard zero G rolls called camelback hills before, but again this is bit of a weird term and better describes actual camelbak hills :lol:

They were calling them "uplift wheels" and at least 3 people said it so I don't think it was a slip of the tongue!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:26 am

Yeah Busch calls them uplift wheels. It's not a slip of the tongue.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am

rcrider4 wrote:Yeah Busch calls them uplift wheels. It's not a slip of the tongue.

Ahh so it's just a company thing?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:56 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
cal1br3tto wrote:While I'm not hugely excited for this, it handily exceeds any expectations I might have had for a family coaster. Nice work!
:nina:

That pretty much sums up how I feel about this coaster.

Ditto. No doubt about it, this will be well-done because it's Busch Gardens Tampa, and it's definitely not a cookie cutter layout that you'll run into at the local Six Flags. To me, Spinners, Eurofighters (coasters of that sort in general) are very underwhelming- they look a lot cooler than they actually ride. My favorite thing about them is that they keep people out of the other lines in the park. The good news is that just like most anything else that the Busch Parks do- for one reason or another, it should be worth at least checking out.
Last edited by Ed Farmer on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 pm.
Been you to have any spike, man?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:24 am

The only Busch Coaster that has been cloned so far is Sheikra. Everything else is pretty much original layouts.

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:09 am

Cyrbuzz wrote:The only Busch Coaster that has been cloned so far is Sheikra. Everything else is pretty much original layouts.

Some of the smaller ones are clones- Scorpion, Cheetah Chase, Tempesto (Williamsburg), and Great White at SeaWorld Houston. Not sure if you mean that none of Busch coasters have ever gone on to be cloned for other parks (sans Sheikra), in which case you're right.

Postby Cyrbuzz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:26 am

Sorry I meant the big boys. I forgot about the Tempesto. I pretty much meant most of their modern coasters after Scorpion, Sand Serpent.

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Double post, sorry.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby deere839 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 pm

I was at Busch Gardens Tampa yesterday and here's what I rode!
SheiKra-1 time front row
Scorpion-1 time
Montu-2 times once back row
Kumba-1 time front row

The non coasters are
The train-2 times one if them was waiting on the train for over a hour because of a medical emergency in the park
Bumper cars-this was my first time on a bumper car type ride I usually skip them
Ill upload images as soon I figure out how to upload them from my device but I did buy a awesome new t shirt
6x the fury and includes scorpion, falcon fury, cheetahs hunt,kumba,month, and sheikra!!

Postby The Yeti » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:The only Busch Coaster that has been cloned so far is Sheikra. Everything else is pretty much original layouts.

Some of the smaller ones are clones- Scorpion, Cheetah Chase, Tempesto (Williamsburg), and Great White at SeaWorld Houston. Not sure if you mean that none of Busch coasters have ever gone on to be cloned for other parks (sans Sheikra), in which case you're right.

Journey To Atlantis in San Antonio and San Diego I believe are clones, but I'm not sure those were built by Busch. Manta (Orlando) however, was cloned at Nagashima Spaland but Busch still had the original. I'm guessing Cobra's Curse will be basically too unique to clone!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!