Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 829: New Howl-O-Scream 2019 details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm really excited to see what the new ride is going to be. If it's the first Intamin in the state of Florida I may levitate from excitement.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:11 pm

It's good that they're just refurbishing the skyride instead of taking it out. Too many parks are getting rid of these rides, which, in my opinion, are not only enjoyable, but serve the purpose of moving people. I really miss the one at SFMM.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:I'm really excited to see what the new ride is going to be. If it's the first Intamin in the state of Florida I may levitate from excitement.

Strong rumors point out to an intamin, so who knows.

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 pm

^That's why I'm really excited to see if it really is Intamin. I would seriously have a stroke, heart attack, and crap my pants at the same time.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 am

sam06pr wrote:
Hobbesx2 wrote:That's disappointing, but I always found it weird that they never let you get off at the middle station, at least when I've been there. Maybe they'll redo the Egypt entrance building, that was one stand-out ugly lump of 70's concrete.

There is nothing at the midpoint to drop you off at....other than the veldt...which makes no sense to drop you off there. Besides the Stanleyville stop is close to it as well....

From what I understand, once upon a time, they used the middle station as an actual stop. They had something called the Treehouses or Treetops, which were thatch-roof huts on stilts were you could go up and look out over the animal area. Hence the random paths out in the area.
walking in space.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 am

I'm not sure if it was on here or maybe Screamscape, but I remember reading that the Busch people were very interested in Storm Runner up at Hershey park. So if it was to be an Intamin, I'm thinking it'll be more like Storm Runner or Maverick than Bizarro or ROS.

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:52 am

^Given the rumored expansive ride area, I'm not sure if it would be an accelerator coaster. Perhaps it could be a Maverick-ish low level launched coaster (also like iSpeed or Blue Fire), but even those don't take up that kind of space. And then also given the hints about it being a huge project, and I think we have Florida's first true hypercoaster coming in (I don't count Sheikra as a hyper).

Now I doubt Busch or Intamin would want to build a generic hyper, so it's my hope that this could be something a little new and different, yet obviously keeping the quality reputation that both the Busch Parks and Intamin have for the rides they install.

But of course, this is all assuming that Intamin actually is the company building the new ride. Still could very well be a B&M hyper, you never know.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:51 am

^I don't know about anyone else, but I would consider a Storm Runner or Maverick type ride to be a pretty big project. ...We shall see.

With that said, I'm really hoping for something that doesn't have over the shoulder restraints, so an Intamin or B&M hyper/mega would definitely be my first choice. But first, let's just make sure we're getting a coaster. ;)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby 10ryansmith » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:39 am

^ It sounds like something that would be a coaster, but you never know. All this could be for a new Gaint Panda or other large animal exibit (Probably not pandas but you get the point: At least I hope). They need another large coaster down there as it is not a very large temptation when I was down there. Sounds promising though.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 am

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a "DarKastle" style of attraction at Tampa--maybe themed to King Tut's Tomb (although I wouldn't mind a big hyper coaster, either).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!