Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby sam06pr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 pm

The park was really busy when Willie Nelson was here. Crazy

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa has updated its refurbishment schedule to include new information about the pending closures of some of their various attractions. Closures of note include the refurbishment of the Sky Ride (which utilizes the same station building as the former monorail) at least until the end of the year, as well as the closure of the park's train for just over a month. A more detailed look at the complete schedule can be found here:

http://www.buschgardens.com/bgt/CP/?page=Attraction%20Closures

Some speculate that this closure surrounds the supposed "major announcement" that has been rumored for February 25th, 2010.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Awww, I LOVE the skyride, I just hope this truly is temporary and it doesn't go the way that so many other sky rides have gone in the last 10 - 20 years.

Magical Hoodie Wizard

Postby J man » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 am

That's gonna stink. I went to Busch Gardens a few times this last summer. The Sky Ride was an essential part of getting around the park for me. Just walking around that park killed my legs. I hope it's not down for too long.
Click on the banner to see my movies!!!

Please visit www.SaveTheAnimatronicHippos.org

Postby sam06pr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Well all I know is that the sky ride, and as well as the train will go down this long is to prepare for a "future attraction"
It will def be up and running in 2011...
I was told BG has a lot of surprises for us in 2011
:) Can't wait

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Best ride in the park. Down until at least the end of the year? It's only February! :angry:

/This had better be a hyper or a dark ride. :p

About to be banned, for poor grammar

Postby Hobbesx2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:14 pm

That's disappointing, but I always found it weird that they never let you get off at the middle station, at least when I've been there. Maybe they'll redo the Egypt entrance building, that was one stand-out ugly lump of 70's concrete.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a recap press release about Willie Nelson's visit and performance during the Bands, Brew & BBQ concert series from this past weekend.

On a beautiful Valentine’s Day, Willie Nelson was all about sharing the love with his family and friends during a performance at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

Moments before hitting the stage, Nelson met Mattie, an American bald eagle. Mattie is a rescued animal and an ambassador for the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund. Nelson’s passion for conservation is true to his heart.

Nelson joined son Lukas, sister Bobbie and longtime friends, drummer Paul English and harmonicist Mickey Raphael for a grand performance in front of a packed crowd. The “Red Headed Stranger” performed his timeless classics along with soon-to-be new hits that will be on his record “Country Love,” set to release April 20. After his 90-minute performance, Nelson headed off in his bio-diesel bus and was on the road again, waving one last goodbye to his loving fans.
Willie Nelson.jpg
Willie Nelson2.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Looks like the only ride that will be closed for sure when I be the sky ride. One thing I saw on the site that I've never seen before is this. (pictured below) I like how the park ranks the rides for coaster geeks too!
ridereview.bmp

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Postby sam06pr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Hobbesx2 wrote:That's disappointing, but I always found it weird that they never let you get off at the middle station, at least when I've been there. Maybe they'll redo the Egypt entrance building, that was one stand-out ugly lump of 70's concrete.

There is nothing at the midpoint to drop you off at....other than the veldt...which makes no sense to drop you off there. Besides the Stanleyville stop is close to it as well....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!