Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 am

^I wasn't sure if the Sunny Day Theater and it's description referred to a new live stage show? If it did, I assumed that it would be where the existing Land of the Dragons stage show - open-air theater is.

Or maybe it is a brand new 3D-movie for the Timbuktu theater. I'll do some research and try and find out.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:21 am

^Now that I look at it again, I'm probably just confused (mixed up the stage show with the movie). But that wouldn't be the first time. ;)

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 am

Guess the hyper is for 2011 then?
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!'

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24 am

I'm glad Busch is keeping in with the themes of their respective parks for each of these Sesame Street makeovers. Land of the Dragons needed a good refurb and I'm glad it is getting some TLC.

But now, I'm waiting for Busch to install more good "flat rides for all ages" instead of kiddie section or big coaster after big coaster. Knowing Busch, I doubt they will ever install any more flat rides inside BGT (le sigh).

Again, this looks like a great makeover!
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 am

like Homeboy, saw this coming. But it sounds very nice and a great upgrade for BGA! and Corkscrew, I hope that's true, too!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Even though I thought Land of the Dragons was well done and very cute, I always thought it didn't go with the theme of the rest of the park. In Williamsburg, LOTD totally fits in, but not so much with BGT's African theme. I'm glad that the Sesame Street area will have a safari theme. I pray that they keep all of the giant trees that keep that area of the park nice and shaded and cool.

As some have mentioned, I hope we do get a hyper for 2011, but I think this will still be good for the families. The park will now have a pretty good selection of coaster intensity levels for everyone: Air Grover for kids, Cheetah Chase and Scorpion for families. Kumba, Montu, Gwazi and Sheikra for thrill seekers.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 am

^If they keep the trees, it will definitely have more shade than BGW's "Forest" of Fun.

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:27 pm

^ You are right. It's funny, I thought the one in Williamsburg from the photos looked kind of bare for having "Forest" in it's title. The ironic thing is BGT's version of Sesame will feature a lot of desert themed items, but the area, if kept as is, will be more forest-like than desert-like. Oh well.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:37 pm

oh the irony

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Seems like a good move for BGT and the kiddie area, but I agree that some aspects of the addition are kind of...ironic?

There is even an oxymoron in the name:

Sesame Street Safari of Fun

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!