Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby zeke11793 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Hmm........
This sounds interesting. The idea itself is good, but the lines at BGA (at least when I'm there) aren't very bad, about 15-30 minutes for the coasters. I'll have to see how it goes next time I'm there... because I don't find it necessary. Nice addition, but I probably won't use it alot. And like Barry said, I would use that on food and other things, not the QQ.
-Jezico

Pufferfish: everytime someone gets in trouble at dollywood, dolly slams her boobs against their face and knocks them out

Tumblr.

Flickr.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon May 26, 2008 3:52 pm

I haven't been to BGA since SheiKra opened, but I don't remember the lines ever really being too bad there. I've been a number of times since I grew up in Florida, the park was always popular but really efficient at getting people through the rides. I wish they would merge Montu in the station, because the best place to ride is in the very front or in the very back, but I guess you don't get the option to choose your row.

I'm back in Florida for the summer, so hopefully I'll find an excuse to get back to the park.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangeblue » Mon May 26, 2008 4:09 pm

This is great news, I've been hoping that they would do this for some time. I'll have to try it out next time I go.

Unfortunatly, I don't know how successful this would be for Busch Gardens, since, as everyone has pointed out, they never really have long lines thanks to their coaster's great capacities. A full queue on Kumba or Montu is only 20-30 minutes, and Sheikra is about 45 though usually less. It might be popular on some of the water rides though, like the Congo River Rapids that can have a 70 min wait during the summer.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon May 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Why wait 30 mins if you can wait 5? More rides, less time just standing around in the heat... this makes me happy

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Mon May 26, 2008 6:20 pm

I'm all for it, I wonder BG Euroburg would get this as well, do they need it?

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Mon May 26, 2008 6:21 pm

^Personally, I don't mind waiting 30 minutes for a roller coaster, but I know people who don't want to wait.

The Quick Queue would have been helpful on the water rides. The Congo River Rapids queue was spilling onto the bridge under Kumba's cobra roll. It looked like a good 45-60 minute wait.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Mon May 26, 2008 6:29 pm

I don't know how I feel about this. If you don't go when all the tourists are here, you can pretty much walk on or enjoy a very minimal wait on just about everything at BGT.

I know August Busch III and his son "number IV" who's now in charge were not fans of this a few years back, or they were not in favor of the "Fast Pass" Disney uses. Maybe they like the idea of padding the bottom line more!

If they added the Brewmaster's Club to it, then it might be worth it for the free beer, but unless that happens, BRING BACK BEER SCHOOL AND no thanks for me!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ETapley0687 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:34 pm

I probably won't buy it when I go this year, although I'm glad that they have that option now. The lines may not be terribly long normally but on those days when they do get too get too long the QQ would be great.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 26, 2008 6:40 pm

To all of you complaining/not understanding this saying how 'the park is empty when I go' etc. It's not FOR you!!!

This system is for tourists who can't go all the time, or can't go when it's dead, or for people who don't feel that a 20 minute line is a 'walk on'. I have been on all these coasters so much that I won't even wait 10 minutes for most of them, I would however spend $20 extra not to wait!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon May 26, 2008 7:00 pm

ParkTrips wrote:Why wait 30 mins if you can wait 5? More rides, less time just standing around in the heat... this makes me happy

While I think it is a really good move for Busch to finally get system like this, I think it is a drawback that you might not get to pick your row on some rides. That bugs me about how some of the rides at Six Flags are set up, but then again I'm obviously a coaster enthusiast and am more picky about where I sit than your average park guest.

Then again, I've visited BGA multiple times, so I'm not a first time visitor who really wants to get in every single attraction on a crowded day. This could be a big advantage for visitors like that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!