Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Dom497 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:06 pm

chargersmichael wrote:Will there be ankle guards to keep your legs in place for Falcon's Fury? I don't see them on the seats. Will your feet just hang down or...

I think this has something to do with the ankle guards: https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardensTampa/photos/a.111637570238.125557.68181225238/10152278627745239/?type=1&stream_ref=10

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:09 pm

^ Ok thanks for clarification. I never heard talk about your legs being strapped down like Manta and I was wondering well looks like my legs will be hangin' :lmao:
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby BintamiM » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:47 pm

This may be the one ride I may just walk by. It looks terrifying. I think the tilting of the seat is the most scary part of the ride. lol. I hope the delay doesn't take too long. I was concern with the opening date as most rides tend to be opened around memorial weekend, so to me the delay wouldn't affect BGT too much.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 am

For those thinking that this is just a quick fix, why do you think that? I'm surprised that they delayed the scheduled opening day. Usually the project manager takes these risks into account and will schedule the project accordingly. Either he didn't do his job right or there's a bigger problem than you think.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am

^Something tells me it won't be a quick fix. The video I saw of the seats snapping up (and apparently a dangling, broken hydraulic arm) certainly made it look like some design work will be have to be modified. But maybe not.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 am

The comments on YouTube indicated that the cylinder releasing is an intentional safety feature, so the problem may not be as bad as it looks.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 am

^ Seems rational, otherwise they wouldn't drop it three time with the same problem... Moreover, those cylinders have a grip on their ends that can be opened, there are not tied to the seats

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 am

traincrossin wrote:For those thinking that this is just a quick fix, why do you think that? I'm surprised that they delayed the scheduled opening day. Usually the project manager takes these risks into account and will schedule the project accordingly. Either he didn't do his job right or there's a bigger problem than you think.

Just as you say they have for sure been counting with some troubles during testing of this ride, as it is a prototype.
But remember that the whole Project have been behind Schedule since very early in the process, and that may also have something to do with the delay.

We won't know for sure until the park relases anything about it though.

ahecht wrote:The comments on YouTube indicated that the cylinder releasing is an intentional safety feature, so the problem may not be as bad as it looks.

This is correct, such a designed as used on the Tower would never be built without an emergency release.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 am

chargersmichael wrote:^ Ok thanks for clarification. I never heard talk about your legs being strapped down like Manta and I was wondering well looks like my legs will be hangin' :lmao:

So your legs won't be strapped down like in Manta,I seriously hope so,having my legs strapped down is one feeling I totally dislike. I've been close to having a panic attack a couple of times on Manta when the ride gets delayed a bit before or after the ride.It has nothing to do with the ride as I'll ride anything out there,its just the having my legs in that locked position that messes with my mind.I'll ride Manta like once or twice at most but I know I'm risking dealing with an extended delay that'll have me freak out and show up on the news.Kraken on the other hand I could ride that all day every day.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:48 am

According to the FAA, the tower was supposed to be erected by the end of 2013....so let's just say they're a few weeks behind...

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=191990102

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!