Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby _koppen » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 am

Since they kept dropping the ride with the non working seats I'm guessing nothing is broken/dangerous for the ride.
I hate to speculate, but I'm guessing that the adjustments are not a 100% for the broken seat, and that they will fix it quite easy.

I'm very impressed with the ride itself. I thought the tilting back would take longer, and start higher up. I also thought the ride would start breaking much earlier.

This is really starting to shape up to one of the absolute most scariest rides in the world.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:31 pm

_koppen wrote:Since they kept dropping the ride with the non working seats I'm guessing nothing is broken/dangerous for the ride.
I hate to speculate, but I'm guessing that the adjustments are not a 100% for the broken seat, and that they will fix it quite easy.

I'm very impressed with the ride itself. I thought the tilting back would take longer, and start higher up. I also thought the ride would start breaking much earlier.

This is really starting to shape up to one of the absolute most scariest rides in the world.

I agree... I can't believe how fast those seats snap back into place! I was expecting a soft return to the upright position... Not a neck breaking snap! I cannot wait to experience this bad boy!!!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Will there be ankle guards to keep your legs in place for Falcon's Fury? I don't see them on the seats. Will your feet just hang down or...
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 am

Not a good thing to read the day after buying tickets for May trip. :(

Hopefully it's only a minor delay, but we'll still manage to have an awesome time even if it can't open in time for us.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 am

chargersmichael wrote:Will there be ankle guards to keep your legs in place for Falcon's Fury? I don't see them on the seats. Will your feet just hang down or...

I have also though about that, but so far, I haven't seen any.
Maximo37 wrote:
_koppen wrote:Since they kept dropping the ride with the non working seats I'm guessing nothing is broken/dangerous for the ride.

I agree... I can't believe how fast those seats snap back into place! I was expecting a soft return to the upright position... Not a neck breaking snap! I cannot wait to experience this bad boy!!!

That part does look better than I originally thought. :p
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:28 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:

Not a good thing to read the day after buying tickets for May trip. :(

Hopefully it's only a minor delay, but we'll still manage to have an awesome time even if it can't open in time for us.

You should know better, there's a reason we always do our US based TPR Trips later in the summer. You just can't trust these parks!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:08 am

There is hope that it may open soon though, as the local stations here in the Tampa Bay area are already airing commercials. In those commercials, it appears that there are actual riders on it. But then again, that may just be fancy footwork in fotography . Either way, the ads look really scary and cool at the same time.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 am

So now this is Intamin cylinder PLUS Intamin cable. Watch out :lol:

Hope they can manage to open it earlier. Must be one of the most terrifying rides ever.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:25 am

I have also heard the radio spots here in Orlando - just says opening soon, however.

I was at the park last Thursday and there were a TON of people working in the Pantopia area, along with the Falcon's Fury construction / testing team. I'm willing to bet that the delay will be short and involves some fine tuning on the ride itself, and on the re-vamping of the surrounding area.

They were already working on Landscaping, which is a good sign (there were a TON of plants moving around.)

From what I could see - Pantopia is going to look GREAT and every time I look at Falcon's Fury - I am kind of astounded at how freaking scary it is going to be :)

David

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:27 am

Just saw the first TV commercial for it today. Pretty funny commercial, looked like CGI to me except for maybe the family strapping into the ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!