Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Cyrbuzz » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm so anxious to see what will replace Gwazi in the near future. A giga coaster would be a welcome addition but realistically probably a good hyper coaster. Falcon's Fury is really looking great, so impressive as drop towers go. That carriage looks so sick when compared to other style of drop rides. Kudos to Busch Gardens for making another great addition to their ride lineup.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Swornenemy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

I spent the 27th and 28th at the park. Both days me and my nephew got the quick queue. We really needed it on the 27th as the park was packed. The 28th not so much as there was a storm threatening, never happened though. I thought everything in the park was really spread out and the landscaping was great. We managed to get multiple re-rides on all the coasters except for Gwazi (once was enough) and scorpion (no quick queue). The animal enclosures were well done, and I could tell that they were well taken care of. Falcons Fury looks like it will be awesome, I just wish we had planned our vacation a little later so we could ride it.

I'm just going to jump into my thoughts on the coasters.

Cheetah Hunt: A fun well paced coaster with some airtime and hang time.

Gwazi: The only reason I rode this is for the credit. It was rough and beat me up. I liked the layout though and could see that it was once a fun woodie.

Montu: Very forceful, like a B&M should be. I rode quite a few times and couldn't find a bad seat.

Kumba: Best coaster in the park. I felt physically drained after every ride.

Scorpion: I only got one ride due to no quick queue but I enjoyed it.

Sheikra: Great views from the top of the lift hill. The queue was packed on the 27th, but the 28th it was only a station wait. The first drop was amazing.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:03 pm

I honestly felt that Gwazi was sort of fun when I went to the park last year. It certainly didn't beat me up, and I somehow wanted to go back in line. Of course, the only two wooden coasters I've been on have been GA Cyclone and GASM, so my opinion shouldn't say much.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:40 pm

^Nope I totally agree. Just an average ride in my mind.. It tracks fairly well for some of the forces it offers in my opinion. I also found wildcat at Hershey to be somewhat enjoyable though..

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Blue Turbo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:55 pm

^and^^ When I rode it back it January I thought it was rough, but it wasn't really painful, so I thought it was a decent ride. Then again, I did ride Hades 360 over the summer my perspective might be a little skewed. ;)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:19 am

^ Hades360 successfully trained me to become an unbeatable fighter. I do think that Hades360 makes rough coasters seem a lot smoother.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 pm

jynx242 wrote:
B: I have never seen a 2nd train for Scorpion -are we sure there is one? Also - I like it, and not just because it is a Schwartzkopf. It is a fun ride and has an awesome old-school loop, low to the ground helices, etc...

Sure looks like a second train to me.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:57 am

B&MBoy1982 wrote:
jynx242 wrote:
B: I have never seen a 2nd train for Scorpion -are we sure there is one? Also - I like it, and not just because it is a Schwartzkopf. It is a fun ride and has an awesome old-school loop, low to the ground helices, etc...

Sure looks like a second train to me.

Those pictures look quite old, where do they keep it when it isn't on the storage track? On Google Earth it shows an empty section of track where that train is sitting.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:29 pm

I not exactly sure where the Scorpion trains are taken when not at the track. I do know that BOTH trains are indeed used at the ride. They are swapped in and out like the 4th trains on Montu and Kumba.

I worked at Rhino Rally, and really only knew where to pick up my Land Rover at and take it back to at the end of the night.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ViperGTS500 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Going to The Park For The First Time Wednesday Or Thursday. Supposed To Be Sunny Both Days, 67 On Weds And 75 On Thurs. A Friend Said I Shouldn't Be Worried About Lines But Read Trip Reports A Few Pages Back About How It Did Get Busy During The Week And They Had To Get Fast Passes. What Should I Be Expecting? Prefer Not To Get The Fast Passes...(Sorry About All The Caps, Dumb Phone Lol)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!