Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 am

Great job on the video and commentary, Erik. Quick question, did they happen to mention or hint at any new attractions for 2008 or 2009? ...other than what's being worked on right now. I'm assuming they didn't or you would have mentioned it, but I thought I would ask anyway. ;)

Again, thanks for covering the event.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:09 am

Nice upgrade on SheiKra, I must admit I was a bit sceptical when I first heard that they were going to make the switch. Media day was pretty cool I was there as part of the fill in riders with ACE and FLCC.

The front seat is great for visuals as riding on the huge sized track is awesome. Back seat is still my favorite seat but the front is well worth waiting for. Over all I would say it was an improvement to the ride.

Lots of photos here.
http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/sheikra14.html
tpr2.jpg
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby MrMorgan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:18 am

I want to represent TPR.com at a press event and get special privelages, too!!! Looks like you had an awesome day, and Shakira looks fantastic.

Is it just me, or do those 2 guys you interviewed sound like they're not really TALKING to you and more like they're just quoting some pre-written script? You know what I mean?

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:03 am

Thanks for the pics and video. I was at the park yesterday as well but working. :?r Guess I will have to wait until Tuesday to ride it!

The one guy said they are always looking at ways to improve existing rides. NEW GCI TRAINS FOR GWAZI! Hint hint

The last time I rode it (about a week ago) it was pretty much the worst it has ever been, and until they get new trains, that WILL be the last time I ride it.

It's kind of sad since it is visually beautiful, it sits right at the front of the park, but once you ride it, you never wanna ride it again. And the SLOW loading and unloading has got to stop! The ride has been open since 1999, but they are still SO slow loading.

Just my two cents...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:20 am

^I couldn't agree more about new trains and the slow loading times. I actually like Gwazi, but only first thing in the morning before it's fully warmed up. :lolr:

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:25 am

^^ I did ask a question about the possibility of new GCI trains for Gwazi. I was told that there are no plans for it, and this is with a schedule that is planned out until 2010. The next big focus of the park is the Congo area.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:27 am

alpengeist04 wrote:Great job on the video and commentary, Erik. Quick question, did they happen to mention or hint at any new attractions for 2008 or 2009? ...other than what's being worked on right now. I'm assuming they didn't or you would have mentioned it, but I thought I would ask anyway. ;)

Again, thanks for covering the event.

Pretty much the next big focus of the park is the Congo area. No word about specific attractions yet.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:05 am

^ I actually just read in the Tampa Tribune that BG should be announcing the new attraction this fall. I can scan the article later today if anyone would like to see it.

Awesome video and pictures! Must've been cool to be considered media!

El Toro Rocks My World More Than Voyage!

Postby splzero » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:31 am

pianojohn wrote:The last time I rode it (about a week ago) it was pretty much the worst it has ever been, and until they get new trains, that WILL be the last time I ride it.

Just my two cents...

I Rode gwazi last night and i found it enjoyable. it had night pops of air and some laterals. we even did a re-ride. How much are MF trains?

Idiot.

Postby Tomizzle For Rizzle » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:38 am

BGT is getting a B&M hyper in 09, go ahead, write that down.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!