Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:52 pm

psychologically speaking, it may be different. the fact that there is nothing to grab hold of if the bars suddenly pop open at the top of the 200ft hill...

now it is floorless, i may make more of an effort to ride it :D

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:21 am

haydawg149 wrote:Maybe they should just have two with floors, and two without, that way the GP and YOU have a decision to make before you ride. Sheikra with a floor, or without.

As much as I think thats a cool idea, it wont happen. That would be an interesting idea though; being that theres two stations. Back for floorless, front for floor, or whatever... but anyways, the change doesn't really matter to me.

Either way I'll still enjoy SheiKra, I dont know if taking the floor away was necessarily a GREAT decision, but IMO... I like SheiKra no matter what. :b

I'll just miss putting my feet on the rail before falling! I dont know why that was FUN? haha Guess I'll have to go all the way to Europe now to do that! :roll:

-Justin

LIVE It. LIKE It. LOVE It.!

Postby CoasterExpert13 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:23 am

I can't believe this made it to 7 pages lol....ah well...whatever Busch Gardens intentions were by changing Sheikra's trains....it's done (or will be soon) at thats it.

I've rode Sheikra, and it was a cool ride...it can't hurt to change the trains anymore than it would if Busch Gardens decided to choose another set of colors for the ride.
Live.Laugh.Love.Life.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Magnumfan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:30 am

I haven't rode on it yet, looks like a fun ride.

A griffon? How deliciously absurd!

Postby griffon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:43 am

I can't think of a reason why anyone would be unhappy about the change, but I wonder whether there is something else going on with the current trains which gives Busch more incentive to change them. Maybe the floorless design will eliminate some high-maintenance components, or reduce weight which would put less stress on the trains and structure. Sheikra is sort of a prototype ride, and there could be some maintenance issues that we are unaware of, but BG is interested in improving. Otherwise, I can't justify why they would spend this much money (B&M trains aren't cheap) just to re-market a ride that's only a few years old opposed to investing in something brand new for the future.

I also don't see why anyone would really care whether Griffon and Sheikra have the same trains. They're already two different rides, and if the floorless trains are better, why not have them on both?

On a side note, what I'd really like to see is Big Bad Wolf get retro-fitted with some inverted trains :b I think Arrow was able to do that with another suspended coaster somewhere, I just can't remember which one

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:16 am

griffon wrote:On a side note, what I'd really like to see is Big Bad Wolf get retro-fitted with some inverted trains :b I think Arrow was able to do that with another suspended coaster somewhere, I just can't remember which one
That was a Vekoma retrofit to Chessington's Vampire. Actually I don't know how successful it was because I seem to remember hearing that the front row had to be closed at times. Of course I could be completely wrong and if anyone has info to the contrary I'm happy to admit I my mistake.

On the topic of Sheikra I don't see it as a bad move and the trains look like they could be retrofitted meaning they don't have to absorb the cost of completely new trains. Perhaps B&M just wasn't able to make a floorless removable floor system for such wide trains when it debuted? It could be all sorts of things but that is what makes the most sense to me personally.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby djmadmanray » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:12 am

Sounds like a great idea to me! Gives me a reason to get excited about BGT for this summer..... I'll be there opening day!

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:56 am

For me the floorless effect wasn't that much of a difference with regular trains, but I don't know how that is on Dive Machines.

I can howeverimagine how scary it must be if you sit in the outer seats and there's nothing under you, so the floorless effect will probably be alot better than with the regular B&M's
:evil: Incurring the wraith of the title fairy :evil:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby xproxmetalxheadx » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:41 pm

jackskellington101 wrote:Well, there goes what makes Griffon cool and unique. This seems really odd. Think Busch just got a 2 for 1 deal on floorless trains? :P

hey at least its still the tallest dive coaster! by 5 feet, griffon is still going to kick ass

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Invertsaresexy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:05 am

Coaster 5 on SheiKra has been fully converted to floorless as of 2-12-07, thus why at the present time they are only running 4 trains.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!