Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby vacoaster09 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 am

TimbukTower Would be an awesome name
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 am

^^ As many times as I have been to the park, I still get turned around a little. I went yesterday and it was a great time as always but the Jungala detour makes the flow even worse. I have to admit though I spent more time in Jungala than normal. All the rides were running great, well except Gwazi of course. :angry:

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 am

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I rode Gwazi Tiger (Lion was down for trackwork) back in January and loved it. Especially the first half - absolutely crazy! Operations were terrible, but the ride wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is.

Also, I can kind of see why they would detour people through Jungala, considering that my second day there I had a really hard time finding it... granted, I didn't have a map on me, but still. It's off the beaten path and definitely not something everyone is going to go search for themselves, so they might as well send some people there!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 am

In the last picture of the blueprints it looks like the drop tower may be partially enclosed inside a building (simular to Dr.Doom at Universal) That might be cool if they throw some theming on it.

Nice to see them adding another flat.

Personaly I hope that in a few years we may see Busch try and do another Dark Ride. After seeing all of this Verbolten stuff I'm pretty bummed that BGT hasn't really gotten an attraction with a "Story". I'd like to see more of that.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:58 am

A drop tower would be a great addition to Timbuktu, I've always liked that section of the park but also find it's collection of attractions to be a bit dated and uninteresting. A drop tower would be a perfect addition.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:12 pm

What did they retrack on Gwazi Tiger besides the lift hill when it was down? What are they retracking now on the lion? Any pictures?
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:14 pm

^When we were there, they were retracking the pre-lift and the lift hill. They could've been doing more, but not that I could see from the ride or from off the ride (granted, there aren't many places to see the layout - something which would be nice to change!

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

From Coaster-net:

Tampa, Florida - Florida Theme parks seem to have just about everything! Except an un-themed drop tower.

No need to fear though! Busch Gardens Tampa seems to be on their way to save the day! Busch Gardens Tampa recently filed plans with the Southwest Florida Water Management District (or as we locals call it SWIFTMUD) to build a Drop Tower attraction.

For those of you that are curious The Southwest Florida Water Management District is the regional
agency designed to protect and preserve water resources. Local (possibly federal)laws require that construction permits are filed with the Southwest Florida Water Management District to minimize land destruction. This is essential with water, which is why The Southwest Florida Water Management District makes sure the permits show that any land that may be disrupted will be restored in some capacity.

Anyways, the tower. First thing to note is that the Drop Tower will be placed in the middle of the park where the current Sandstorm, an Orbitor attraction, is currently located (ironically Sandstorm is the only attraction I have not had any desire to ride at the park). Sandstorm fans need not worry though, Sandstorm was confirmed by the park as being relocated near Gwazi, the dueling GCI wooden coaster.

Looking at the Tower blueprints it is unclear what we should expect. Busch Gardens Williamsburg received a Moser drop tower last year, but encountered lots of difficulty in opening the attraction. If anyone has the blueprints for the Busch Gardens Williamsburg project to compare, that would be awesome!

Other rumors point to this drop tower possibly being an Intamin. Perhaps the new BGT tower will be the Intamin drop tower Kennywood just sold. The park is expected to make an announcement in the near future regarding this new attraction.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Yeti » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

How does Mach Tower compare to other drop towers, such as the one Kennywood just sold or the drop tower at SFGAm? I am a huge fan of Intamin drop towers, so I hope whatever BGT gets is an Intamin or can compare...or the first spinning S&S Space Shot, anyone?

Is it possible that the piece blocking some of the seats is just the top of the ride?

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm

It isn't Pitfall, the blueprints show the ride having eight sets of four seats. It's definitely a new tower, but I couldn't tell you which manufacturer it'll be!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!