Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 pm

At least they're not orange! Still, it's too bad they're switching from what looks like a pretty and well-matched color.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 pm

I just found out I am going to Clearwater Beach on spring break. My spring break starts March 31st. and ends April 8th. Being near Tampa we will for sure be going to Busch Gardens. I have been once, in 2006 when SheiKra was still fairly new. I remember it being pretty empty, the longest we waited was around fifteen minutes for Python. So I am wondering if that is usual for this time of the year.

What is the best day to go between April second and the sixth? What kind of crowds can I expect? Tips? What rides should I ride in what order? And lastly, rides aside, what are the best attractions there? When we went, we only saw a few animals, this time I would love to experience everything. Thanks!
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Postby netdvn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:08 am

BGT announces Christmas Town

Busch Gardens Tampa is getting ready to launch the biggest Christmas celebration ever!

Christmas Town will transform the park into a nighttime holiday wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas, filling guests’ senses with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors, and creating a beautiful new tradition for Tampa’s families. For the first time in the park’s 53-year history, visitors to Christmas Town will experience all-new evening attractions, shows and shopping every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, Nov. 30 through Dec. 23. Guests can look forward to special entertainment, live music, festive treats, holiday shopping and thousands and thousands of twinkling Christmas lights around every turn. Similar to the park’s popular Halloween event, Christmas Town will be a separate-ticketed night event, and regular daytime Busch Gardens admission is not required or included. Discounts will be available for annual pass members, and families with children ages 3 to 9 will enjoy special ticket prices for their youngest members.

Since Williamsburg's event has been pretty popular, I'm not surprised to see more of these popping up. I can see other Busch properties making their own Christmas celebrations in the coming years as well.
santa_final-450x300.jpg
1-500x333.jpg
3-1-2012 10-46-44 AM.jpg
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 am

^Awesome! Christmas Town is amazing at BGW, I'm sure it'll be just as good in Tampa! :)

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 am

The Christmas event sounds nice, they do a really nice job at Seaworld too so I would expect this to be a similar level of quality.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:The Christmas event sounds nice, they do a really nice job at Seaworld too so I would expect this to be a similar level of quality.

Amen to that! SWO does the best Christmas Celebration out of all the Orlando parks. Love seeing other parks jump in.
Snoochie Boochie

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 am

^ Totally agree about Seaworld at Christmas. I will check out the festivities at BGT if it isn't too expensive. Seaworld's is pretty good and free.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 am

angryemobeaver wrote:I just found out I am going to Clearwater Beach on spring break. My spring break starts March 31st. and ends April 8th. Being near Tampa we will for sure be going to Busch Gardens. I have been once, in 2006 when SheiKra was still fairly new. I remember it being pretty empty, the longest we waited was around fifteen minutes for Python. So I am wondering if that is usual for this time of the year.

What is the best day to go between April second and the sixth? What kind of crowds can I expect? Tips? What rides should I ride in what order? And lastly, rides aside, what are the best attractions there? When we went, we only saw a few animals, this time I would love to experience everything. Thanks!

I think that week is still Spring Break for local schools (I know my School District is off the week before). Since BGT Is a mainly locals park, Crowds will be higher than usual especially on the weekends. (If you go mid-week crowds I'd imagine the crowds wouldn't be too bad).

Go for opening. Ride Cheetah Hunt first, than either go ride Montu or take the Skyride to the back of the park and ride Kumba and work your way over to Sheikra.

Defiantly spend some time looking at the animals. All of the exhibits are really well done, defiantly take the train to see all of the Animals in the African Veldt.

-Zach

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

I'll be visiting next week and had two questions:
1. Does anyone know about when the Busch Gardens Shuttle from Orlando arrives at the park (it just says 11:30 at latest), and around how long after closing it leaves?
2. I'll have a back pack with all my stuff in on my last day after checking out of my hotel. Are the single-use storage bunnies outside of rides big enough for backpacks, and is there any sort of time limit on them? (If you can tell me about Seaworld's single use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo as well I'd appreciate it, I'll be there before checking into hotel).

Thanks!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Nozzy wrote: Are the single-use storage bunnies outside of rides big enough for backpacks, and is there any sort of time limit on them? (If you can tell me about Seaworld's single use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo as well I'd appreciate it, I'll be there before checking into hotel).

There are single-time-use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at all of the rides that require them. They are $.50 each (quarters; there are change machines at each location), however, there is no time limit. Once you insert your key, you will need to pay again to lock it. -- At SeaWorld there are larger/family-sized single-use-lockers for either $.75 or $1.00, I forget which. Both parks also offer all-day use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at the front of the park (at the very least), but I do not know their cost. It always made more sense to just use the single-use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and keep your stuff in there as long as you needed and just pay each time. As long as it's not a giant hiking backpack the small ones should be just fine. Remember at SeaWorld that Kraken and Journey to Atlantis are pretty much right next to each other, so don't take your stuff out right after one or the other! Even Manta isn't that far of a walk... then again... it's only $.50...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!