Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
My brain is often hibernating.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:37 pm

^Nothing really specific, but just the park and rides over all.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Legoguy1395 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks for you help guys, I have decided to wait for spring break.

My parents told me i could get a new computer if I stayed home.

Coasters now,no computer < macbook air+coasters a few months later with less crowds.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:39 pm

I'll be heading out for my final visit of the year on wednesday. I actually wasn't planning on going before my pass expires (December 31st). However I was asked to by someone. So I'll be taking a day off work for a fun day.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I was thinking about going NYE and having some fun, but it's probably going to be insanely crowded and just not worth it (will just hang out with the boyfriend and get dinner & drinks instead). I have a 2 year annual pass that doesn't expire until the middle of January 2013, so I'll do another run at the park next month sometime. Since I start my new job this Tuesday, no more weekday visits for me for awhile (sucks because I've really enjoyed the almost non-existent crowds on weekdays the last 3 months... you get spoiled after awhile). I'm actually hoping for a kind of cold day next time I go so I can wear my panda hat and be a dork. :lol:

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangeblue » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Went to the park yesterday and it was very crowded; Quick Queue definitely helped as it wouldn't have been enjoyable otherwise. Got to finally ride Cheetah Hunt at night and found it to be pretty cool, though I still think night rides on Montu are a little better due to all of the inversions - seeing the city / park lights spin all around you as you flip upside down adds some extra craziness to the ride. Weather at the park was great, and should stay that way for at least another week.

Miscellaneous notes:
- Montu now has Quick Queue merging at the station instead of through the exit, so you get to pick your row.
- Sheikra's crew was a lot faster than in past visits, with little to no stacking (4 trains running), though the person at the turnstile could do a better job at keeping the row lines more organized.
- Cheetah Hunt's crew was doing a little better, though the ride suffered quite a few short periods of downtime throughout the day. Most of the slow boarding issues seemed to be guest related, but the crew at least seemed to be trying to go as fast as they could.
- Gwazi is still getting rougher despite the new trains, but at least the lift hill was smooth! This was the second visit in a row that they were dueling; hope that stays the norm.
- Guests seem to still enjoy pounding on the glass to the annoyance of the cheetahs.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby sheikramatic2006 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 pm

orangeblue wrote:Went to the park yesterday and it was very crowded; Quick Queue definitely helped as it wouldn't have been enjoyable otherwise. Got to finally ride Cheetah Hunt at night and found it to be pretty cool, though I still think night rides on Montu are a little better due to all of the inversions - seeing the city / park lights spin all around you as you flip upside down adds some extra craziness to the ride. Weather at the park was great, and should stay that way for at least another week.

Miscellaneous notes:
- Montu now has Quick Queue merging at the station instead of through the exit, so you get to pick your row.
- Sheikra's crew was a lot faster than in past visits, with little to no stacking (4 trains running), though the person at the turnstile could do a better job at keeping the row lines more organized.
- Cheetah Hunt's crew was doing a little better, though the ride suffered quite a few short periods of downtime throughout the day. Most of the slow boarding issues seemed to be guest related, but the crew at least seemed to be trying to go as fast as they could.
- Gwazi is still getting rougher despite the new trains, but at least the lift hill was smooth! This was the second visit in a row that they were dueling; hope that stays the norm.
- Guests seem to still enjoy pounding on the glass to the annoyance of the cheetahs.

I hope you enjoyed yourself on Monday! I was working that day we had a 75 minute wait when i got there at 2! But the line made my day go by A lot faster!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 pm

I'll post pictures tomorrow, but I'll talk about my day now.

We got into the park around 10:45ish and it didn't take long to realize that the park was sooper dooper crowded. So basically, if you went today and didn't have $50 to dispose of for an unlimited quick queue pass, you were in for a very long day. Luckily, I had some holiday money that got me 5 rides on Cheetah Hunt, 3 on SheiKra, and 1 on Kumba (wasn't feeling Montu today).

In the late morning, the Cheetah Hunt crew was horrific. They took their time as they slowly pulled the seat belts of every car and there was at least a 5 minute gap between each dispatch. At least some crew members had some funky cheetah merchandise on, they looked pretty funny. SheiKra's crew was exceptional. They almost prevented stacking; there was maybe 15-30 seconds with 3 trains on the brakes waiting for the 2 to leave the station, so it was alright. Kumba, like last month, definitely had the winning crew. There was a three train operation and they acted like stacking was illegal. They had the next train on the lift hill by the time the other was going through either the corkscrew or helix section. Before leaving, I took 2 more rides on Cheetah Hunt and the crew was much better by then. I guess they just needed to wake up a bit. I'm very glad I bought the quick queue today because the lines for just about every ride was 90+ minutes.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:55 pm

the park was sooper dooper crowded.

That seems to be the theme this week in central Florida. ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:58 pm

After reading Legoland's thread, and my friend's texts about her trip to IOA (She rode one ride- Jurassic Park), I agree! :lmao:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:17 pm

I thought about hitting the park this weekend, but decided against it as I know it's going to be beyond insanely busy. Even though there are times I'll visit and not ride anything (just see some shows, check out the animals and take lots of photos), but there is NO WAY I'd be able to handle the crowds this week/weekend. It's probably busier than typical summer crowds. I'll wait until maybe the following weekend to go back and have some fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!