Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 859: Iron Gwazi Testing Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Finally got Sony (censored) Vegas to actually render something without crashing! Here's the footage of Cheetah Hunt I took last summer:

TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby chasbron » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:17 pm

I just got back from bgt and made it a point to hit sand storm a couple of times. I asked the ride ops on duty if the drop tower rumour was true and she said yes, completely true but for some reason it will be finished in 2014. Just repeating what she said but it sound interesting.
In other news, scorpion was closed for painting and looks really, really good!! <- probably means scorpion will live to sting another day:).
Also, gwazi: tiger was closed and running constant test runs. Apparently there was major track work done.
Kumba was running really rough but it was still my favourite.
66 rides in three days, I have found, is the best way to get your mInd off your boyfriend breaking up with you!!!!
huh?

Postby chasbron » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry, forgot...
Also, cheetah hunt was already having problems with its tyre drive system. They had to replace the tyre that moves the train to the first lsm motors. I saw the tyre that came off which looked awful. Is this normal for these tyre drives to have to be replaced that quickly?
huh?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm

chasbron wrote:I just got back from bgt and made it a point to hit sand storm a couple of times. I asked the ride ops on duty if the drop tower rumour was true and she said yes, completely true but for some reason it will be finished in 2014. Just repeating what she said but it sound interesting.

Yes, because the teenagers working the sandstorm attraction are totally knowledgeable on plans that are years away. Gotta find new sources of information I guess, you know, now that our default informants are out of the action.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:16 am

chasbron wrote:Sorry, forgot...
Also, cheetah hunt was already having problems with its tyre drive system. They had to replace the tyre that moves the train to the first lsm motors. I saw the tyre that came off which looked awful. Is this normal for these tyre drives to have to be replaced that quickly?

This is a difficult question to answer unless you define "quickly." I have no idea how often tires have to be replaced on one of these systems, but I imagine that the tires run up quite a few "miles" during an operating day, week, etc.
Last edited by cfc on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 am.

Postby chasbron » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:10 am

cfc wrote:This is a difficult question to answer unless you define "quickly." I have no idea how often tires have to be replaced on one of these systems, but I imagine that the tires run up quite a few "miles" during an operating day, week, etc.

Sorry, I mean that Cheetah Hunt is still very new. It seems to me that it's a little early to hear the tyre losing grip on the train and screeching. I remember that on Georgia Cyclone and to some extent Great American Scream Machine but not on a new ride like Cheetah Hunt. It just sounds a little soon to start having problems like this.
huh?

My brain is often hibernating.

Really, super short Photo TR.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 am

Hey people! I found some of my pictures from Busch Gardens Tampa when I visited back at the beginning of 2010. Nothing too special, not too many, but they're still good to see I guess.

Yummy, yummy, yummy

TPR Nature-filled shot

Parrots...

Monkeys...

Eleph- ZOMG! Enough animal pictures!

Ah, thats better.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:46 am

When I was at the park on Monday...there was not a single person there. We were first on Cheetah Hunt for the day front row and then did back row with no wait. We were also first on Montu. There is still a train with yellow restraints...the black ones might be new and will not be as dirty but I loved the yellow on this ride. Then we did Gwazi lion. Tiger was closed and looked like they rebuilt the lift hill...that's not where it needs it though. Lion was very rough in the front row...I thought they improved this ride?! Sheikra was running great. Christmas on Ice was a lot better than last year. I've also heard a rumor that Phoenix might be replaced with a S&S Giant Swing...similar to Dollywood's version as in height and capacity. If that's also true...I can't wait...I like Phoenix...I just HATE the restraints...
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 am

I definitely think BGT needs a new flat ride, and an S&S Screaming Swing may just be perfect. I liked Phoenix, but it's time for a replacement.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:05 pm

I hope Phoenix gets replaced. I hate that ride, and I would love to try out some new flats. :b

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!