Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:58 pm

^ I believe you, I probably rode it when you weren't there. It was later in the day. about mid-afternoon. I doubt someone from TPR would be as slow as the crew I experienced was. I'm not necessarily judging the entire crew, just that one guy that was sleep-standing, he was extremely slow.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby sheikramatic2006 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:00 pm

lol I probably know who you're talking about! I know i was working 11-7 that day.

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Hmm, I think his name was Chad, does that ring a bell? I may be wrong.

Postby sheikramatic2006 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:03 pm

lol no chad works there. Do you know what he looked like?

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

It's been a week, and my memory is pretty short-term. But if I can remember, he was average height, skinny, I think he had facial hair. I do remember him wearing a blue hat, can't remember the logo.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm

sheikramatic2006 wrote:I was working that day when you went to BG. I work at Sheikra and what you said was kind of hurtful. But our crew does a good job with dispatches ( only when i am there though )

No offense bud, but Sheikra has had the worst crew at that park for a long, long time. I'm sure you work hard, but I can't say the same thing about your crew mates.

Postby sheikramatic2006 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Okay I believe you. Today I was working up in the control monitoring dispatch times. Your absolutely right. If there is any tips you can give me to tell them that would be good. They probably wont listen to me because all i do when i go there is work and no talk.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:18 pm

sheikramatic2006 wrote:Okay I believe you. Today I was working up in the control monitoring dispatch times. Your absolutely right. If there is any tips you can give me to tell them that would be good. They probably wont listen to me because all i do when i go there is work and no talk.

Just pick up the pace thats pretty much what we all want. When I was there two weeks ago some members of your crew were really dragging their feet and seemed like they did't want to be there.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 am

kidcoaster 2 wrote:
sheikramatic2006 wrote:Okay I believe you. Today I was working up in the control monitoring dispatch times. Your absolutely right. If there is any tips you can give me to tell them that would be good. They probably wont listen to me because all i do when i go there is work and no talk.

Just pick up the pace thats pretty much what we all want. When I was there two weeks ago some members of your crew were really dragging their feet and seemed like they didn't want to be there.

You have a good point. It just doesn't apply to ride ops either but to all jobs, do your job with a purpose. Don't just casually go from row to row checking restraints and chatting with other ride ops. Get the job done. Too many times I see them amble from one end of the platform to the other. Walk like you know where you are going.

I have a heck of a time hiring people under the age of 25. They seem to think that work is the time to socialize. You are hired to do a job so do it to the best of your ability and as efficiently as possible. The company is there to make money, if they don't make money they could cut back and you lose your job or worse, close and everyone loses their job.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby PAL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Question: In addition to the Roller Coaster Insider Tour which visits Montu's shop and includes a visit to the break run, there's a tour named the Roller Coaster Experience. I came across it while looking at the passholder savings webpage, but can't find it on the regular portion of the site.

It sounds a lot like Williamsburg's coaster tour, which rocked. That one included a ride up to the top of Griffon, access to three coaster workshops, a few laps of ERT for the tour group, and a Quik Queue for a front seat ride on each of the coasters.

Has anyone given this longer BGT version a try? What's included? Was it worth the price ($58 with passholder discount)? The tour description leaves a lot to the imagination.

Love coasters? No, I mean REALLY love coasters?! Then this is an experience you can’t miss! The brand new Coaster Experience Tour takes you behind the scenes and heart-poundingly close to Busch Gardens’ awesome collection of world-class coasters. This early morning program takes you beyond the guest experience and into the coaster barns to offer unbelievable insight into our collection of thrill rides, including Montu, Kumba, SheiKra, and Gwazi. Learn what makes these rides so dynamic, and then take a seat and experience the design and engineering in full-speed action!

I called the Sea World / Busch Gardens customer service line, which likely took me to a call center somewhere in Orlando. The rep could only confirm that the tour will be offered daily during the peak weeks of spring, when we're set to visit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!