Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 23 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Bryce232 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:57 pm

I've gone to BGT at least once every month since May, and I have yet to ride Kumba. I haven't been on it in years and the guilt is killing me. Hopefully I'll make time for it when I go back on Friday, I never realized until recently how popular it was around TPR!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 am

How have you not ridden it?? There is almost never a wait. Were there Brazilian tour groups clogging the line everytime you were there???

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby chasbron » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:40 am

^ugh don't get me started with them. The worst are if they all wear black shirts so it looks like their running empty trains then you get there and it's a 90 minute wait.
huh?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:56 am

Haha, I was walking to Kumba, and as I was crossing the bridge (the one next to Kumba), I just see backpacks upon backpacks upon sleeping kids who didn't want to ride. The entire length of it. I walked to the middle of it, and just turned around cause I knew it would be bad. :lmao:

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Postby chasbron » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:00 am

It always rains and (I love it bc the park clears out) but they just don't leave. The only thing that saves me is bgt's wonderful reride policy
huh?

Postby Bryce232 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:17 am

I've seen them at Sea World, and my god they are happy people. I was in line for Kraken and they closed it down when I was at the turnstile because it was pouring. But those Brazilians just wouldn't stop their foreign chants. I tried to enjoy it, but it was soo loud :?r

^^^I've just never gone to that area this year, or Jungala. Usually the routine we take is Cheetah Hunt, Montu, Edge of Africa, Nairobi stuff, Desert Grill, Rhino Rally, Cheetah Hunt, Skyride, SheiKra, and we leave. But I promise I'll get on Kumba when we go tomorrow because I miss that sexy B&M roar it has :lmao:

Postby chasbron » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:21 am

Getting horny just talking about the roar

^ tip: right after the mcbr, pull your whole body all the way forward with your head clear of the restraints or else during the corkscrews, you will get a headache
huh?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah there can be some headbanging on the corkscrew part of Kumba if you're not careful. But it's worth it!

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Alright, I had an awesome day at BGT today. I rode Cheetah Hunt, Montu, Sand Serpent, SheiKra, and Kumba! I don;t know how, but I got my mom on Cheetah Hunt (She had sworn off coasters since she took me on Gwazi years ago) and my sister on Sand Serpent (She hates going down..). BUT my god, this park has the worst dispatch times I have ever seen in my life. The fastest crew was on Kumba though, and it was only operating 2 trains! SheiKra was a nightmare, this one guy there was practically sleep-standing the whole time. It wasn't very impressive.

So anyway, here's a mini trip report! The park was fairly crowded, the wait was more due to the loading than the crowds, and it was a beautiful day to go too!
20111125132508.jpg
Because everyone loves a good Schwarzkopf!
20111125223840.jpg
That required Cheetah Hunt shot. I rode it once, and it never broke down when I was in line. Yay!
11-25-11_1055.jpg
My sister says I yawn like a hippo, so she took this pecture, sent it to my phone, and tried setting it to my phone's background.
1125111525-00.jpg
B&M sexiness
20111125223950.jpg
That required Kumba shot. It was definitely much smoother, and louder, than I remembered it.
Frjrfjgfjrjrf.jpg
I thought it looked nice, so I took a picture of it. Good? Bad? Discuss!
1125111502-00.jpg
Mr. Owl wouldn't tell me how many licks it takes to get to the center of the tootsie pop :(

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby sheikramatic2006 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:02 pm

I was working that day when you went to BG. I work at Sheikra and what you said was kind of hurtful. But our crew does a good job with dispatches ( only when i am there though )

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!