Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby BGTFan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:46 pm

You can now see a White-Necked Raven in Jambo Junction at Busch Gardens Tampa! Pictures and more info. here:

LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: This post is in violation of our Terms of Service. Since you have less than 50 posts and you have approved permission to post these links to Theme Park Review, they have been removed.

14. Posting Links or "Spamming" - You must have at least 50 posts if you want to create a post which sole purpose is to link to your personal website, update, YouTube video, forum or any other website. If your post count is under 50 posts and your link has not be pre-approved by an admin or moderator, your link will be removed. Please note - links to your website in your signature are acceptable.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:23 pm.

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 pm

I've never done the Serengeti and I have always wanted to so I'll really want to take advantage of this soon.

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 am

I understand why they give locals discounts but seriously, don't you want to do something for the families that fly across country to get to Florida or do you just want them to stay with the mouse? Never have been a fan of discounts for a segment of the population.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 am

gisco wrote:I understand why they give locals discounts but seriously, don't you want to do something for the families that fly across country to get to Florida or do you just want them to stay with the mouse? Never have been a fan of discounts for a segment of the population.

They are a big enough attraction to draw enough of the Disney crowd out of Central Florida for a day or two. However, they do not have the resort aspect like Disney and Universal does to attract the multi-day stays. Therefore, they have to rely on locals and annual pass holders to help fill in that gap.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:51 am

Do you have to show ID to use Florida resident perks like that? I assume so. I'll be staying with a Florida resident for two weeks in January, so is she allowed to buy things like this for us as presents?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 am

^If it works like Disney (which I am sure it does) there will have to be someone with a valid Florida Driver's License when you go through the front gates. So, she would we be allowed to buy your tickets but she would have to be present when you go to the park.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:Do you have to show ID to use Florida resident perks like that? I assume so. I'll be staying with a Florida resident for two weeks in January, so is she allowed to buy things like this for us as presents?

It would be in your best interest to contact the park and verify. Let us know how they respond as others may be interested.
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BGTFan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Buccaneer Cheerleaders Face Howl-O-Scream 2011 Video:

LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: This post is in violation of our Terms of Service. Since you have less than 50 posts and you have approved permission to post these links to Theme Park Review, they have been removed.

14. Posting Links or "Spamming" - You must have at least 50 posts if you want to create a post which sole purpose is to link to your personal website, update, YouTube video, forum or any other website. If your post count is under 50 posts and your link has not be pre-approved by an admin or moderator, your link will be removed. Please note - links to your website in your signature are acceptable.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:23 pm.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:37 pm

gisco wrote:I understand why they give locals discounts but seriously, don't you want to do something for the families that fly across country to get to Florida or do you just want them to stay with the mouse? Never have been a fan of discounts for a segment of the population.

Those are the suckers who will purchase the safari on their own. Locals are the ones who are much more jaded and harder to get to come to the park, as their mindset is "damn tourists! stay out of my town!" Las Vegas does the same thing, since most locals you talk to will only visit the strip because they work there or have friends visiting from out of town.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 pm

^ This. Last year the park offered a free safari on your birthday for passport holders. Sadly I didn't have an AP then, so couldn't take advantage of the deal.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!