Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Can't wait for the details, I love Halloscreams. Even though Horror Night is probably a better and more complete event I always end having a better time at Halloscreams. Night rides on Kumba plus decent houses and atmosphere makes for an awesome event.

"Can't Wait!!"
-Bart Scott

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Good news today!!

Cheetah Hunt has been added to Quick Queue, effective as of today!

(Report is from BGTnation) I checked the Official BGT site and it still says QQ is not available for Cheetah Hunt. I'm sure it will be updated soon!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:20 pm

^ Ummm... I was at the park Saturday and the Quick Queue for Cheetah Hunt was open then too. The unadvertised single rider line was open as well. I got in 5 rides using it. :airtime:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Great to hear!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Great news! As soon as I get back to Orlando in August I'm going to go ride it but it will have to be on the weekend...yay for single rider lines!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangeblue » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 am

Glad to here that! How does it work with the loading? Do they merge you at the station or do you go up the exit? Perhaps I'll have to go again sometime and marathon Cheetah Hunt with the Quick Queue Unlimited!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Can't wait to head back there in August to use the single rider line! :b

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:47 pm

TRIP REPORT 7/20/11

Today, my two friends and I headed out to Busch Gardens Tampa today. We got there around 8:45 and the park opened at 9:00. Instead of having people waiting in front of the kiosks, they decided to let you in and wait at a rope just before you get to the Crown Colony Theater. Once the ropes dropped, everyone sprinted to Cheetah Hunt. We tried to get around the Brazilian groups (there were a ton of them today!!!) but we only passed the blue group (probably 100 ppl) and got in the middle of the yellow group (probably another 100 ppl) We waited probably 10 minutes to get on. We rode the same train, front and second row. I still think Cheetah Hunt is an amazing ride even though people complain about the speed and it's boring. IT'S NOT BORING! :angry: After Cheetah Hunt, we went to Montu and it was a walk-on and we did the back row! After that, we went to Gwazi. I rode both the Lion and Tiger with the new trains. Tiger was closed today. I had a really rough ride on Lion today for some reason. I was in the third row! Then my friends forced me on Air Grover. That was intense in the back row on the drop I have to say. Sesame Street is a great addition to the park. Then we went to Walkabout Way to see the Kangaroos. After that, a HUGE BRAZILIAN GROUP went on Sheikra (had to be like 250 ppl). We waited until they left because they made the line 30 minutes longer. We rode Stanley Falls. We went back to Sheikra and they just started to board their last 100 ppl!!! The line went from 45 minutes with the group to 15 w/out them. We waited 15 minutes. Such a great ride in the front. It was only 10:30 when we got out of Sheikra. After Sheikra, we headed to Jungala. The pathway from the exit of the Skyride in the Congo/Stanleyville/Jungala area to right before the entrance to Timbuktu from the Congo was closed. Any thoughts?? We did the stuff in Jungala and then went to eat at the Desert Grill. Then we did Scorpion, Sandstorm, Serpent Chase...I mean...Sand Cheetah...whatever the heck it's called two times. We then did the CArousel!!! We rode the Bumper Cars, Tidal Wave, the Skyride, and I finally saw Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy. THe juggler dropped the bouncy balls three times!!! It was a great show other than that. We ended up doing every roller coaster in the park and rode a total of 18 rides!!! Counting the Skyride two times and Sand Cheetah two times. The park was very clean. Cheetah Hunt managed to keep the wait down compared to the other times I've been there. The wait was about 60 to 70 most of the day. The staff was friendly and had a PERFECT day at Busch Gardens. Keep up the work BGT. :b :br :) =) :airtime: :airtimer:
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Going to bgt the last week of october and was wondering to those that have been there at that time of the year I was wondering if I should bother springing for the quick que. Don't want to spend the extra money for it if I don't have to.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 am

^I would recommend just waiting until you get there and seeing how the crowds are and if there are a lot of groups. It's not like there are tons of coasters and you won't have time to get them all if you don't get quick queue first thing in the morning. And you can buy it at most of the gift shops throughout the park so it's pretty convenient if you decide you need one. I've been to BGT tons of times and only used quick queue once, which was in January when there were lots of tour groups at the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!