Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:20 pm

I hope this guy does more of these coaster videos! This was great. He did one for I305 last year.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:51 pm

^Very well done.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I was at the park yesterday and it was pretty busy. The Brazilian tour groups were out in force! Luckily I kept running into them going in the OPPOSITE direction I was going.

While waiting in line for Kumba, someone somehow managed to lose a shoe nearly halfway up the lift hill, so they had to stop the ride, then 2 employees walked up the lift hill to get the shoe, then they had to send out a couple test trains.

Oh and yesterday was the first time in a LONG time I've seen 3 train ops on both Kumba and Montu. Made the lines a little more bearable, but dispatch was still slow. No idea how many trains they were using on Gwazi, but even that wouldn't help how slow their ops are. Cheetah Hunt had a continuous posted 90 minute wait from around at least 3:45pm until nearly 9:00pm, so I didn't ride.

Finally saw Kinetix and was very impressed. I plan on seeing the show again in a couple weeks. Saw the holiday fireworks and while they were generic, they were nice. I wasn't expecting "Disney quality" anyway since this is pretty much the ONLY time Busch Gardens ever has fireworks (because of the animals).

The cheetahs were quite active especially around dusk. There was one who was totally posing for photos, but then would hiss at people! It was quite comical, but made you glad there was a big pane of glass separating you from the kitty.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:56 pm

^Let me guess, people were pounding on the glass and that's why the cheetahs were hissing?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 am

aimster wrote:There was one who was totally posing for photos, but then would hiss at people! It was quite comical, but made you glad there was a big pane of glass separating you from the kitty.

He was probably "booing" them. ;)

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Here is a quick update from July 4.

As a side note, if you ever stay for the 4th of July fireworks (or any such late night show), do not park in the front (preferred) lots. Traffic out of the front lots was very poorly handled (if even handled at all) and it took at least an hour just to get out
IMG_7945.JPG
Cheetah Hunt had a wait of at least 60 minutes throughout the day, even after the afternoon thunderstorm, the wait was at 65.
IMG_7948.JPG
Here's something we haven't seen in a while. I'm sure at least one Schwarzkopf fanboy is going to wet himself
IMG_7959.JPG
I've got a great idea for a game. It would involve launching these from a slingshot...oh wait.
IMG_7960.JPG
New sign. Not a new credit
IMG_7969.JPG
Caught this kitty at just the right moment
IMG_7985.JPG
An albino wallaby (I'm assuming a wallaby, as it was smaller than the fully grown kangaroos) in Walkabout Way. How rare are these?
IMG_8004.JPG
The nighttime show in Gwazi Park allows for some unique shots of Gwazi and Shiekra
IMG_8037.JPG
IMG_8051.JPG
I can't say I was a fan of the music, but the stunts were impressive
IMG_8066.JPG
The fireworks show was fairly solid.
IMG_8068.JPG
IMG_8093.JPG
IMG_8098.JPG
IMG_8071.JPG

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 pm

I was at the park yesterday and it was pretty busy. The Brazilian tour groups were out in force! Luckily I kept running into them going in the OPPOSITE direction I was going.

I was at the park Sunday. I have a few storys (And Later pictures to share)

I seriously hate Brazilian tour groups now, There was one group that was entering the line for Cheetah Hunt in the worst way, Clumps of 20-40 people at a time. I end up between to huge groups (With another family in front of me). :?r
The whole 90 minutes, they kept trying to cut me (The ones behind me) I politely tried to tell them that if I let one of them cut, I would have to let all of them cut....I wasn't really prepared to wait another 10 minutes in line, nor do I think thats accaptable for anyone to cut. (I'm also thinking at this point that they want to jump me) Finally I'm on the train, All of the gates are occupied by the group, As the trains begins to move, they all point at me and give me the finger.... :omg:

Yeah, Fun.

In other news, Cheetah Hunt is going slower than it was a month ago :( The first turn is taken at a very very slow speed....The launch isn't as forceful either. There was a problem later in the day, when a train got stuck on the third brake run. (Good time to be in the Rhino Rally area, as I was) I do have a few pictures, which I will post later.

I wore my Rhino Rally Polo to the park, and decided to go for a ride on Rhino Rally. I was talking to the ride ops for a good 30 minutes. Rhino Rally will be getting an expansion! :b The announcment is currently slated for August!

Rhino Rally turned out to be one of the highlights of the day, I had an awesome driver! I was navigator, and I chimed right in with my own jokes (Even teaching the driver a few new ones), at the end of the ride I was dubbed Rhino Rally's biggest fan..... :lmao:

Pictures will be up soon. (Just a few shots)

EDIT- I changed my signature to reflect my new position! :lmao:

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm

I rode it yesterday and it seemed pretty much exactly the same as it was when I rode it opening weekend.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^Let me guess, people were pounding on the glass and that's why the cheetahs were hissing?

No one was banging on the glass where I was. This cheetah was just weird. He/she would come up to the glass and be all, "Take my picture! I'm so pretty!" and totally pose, then all of a sudden hiss! Cranky kitty. :lol:
IMG_1310.JPG
This cheetah was totally posing for pics, then would suddenly hiss at everyone. WTH? LOL!
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1306.JPG

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

My cat hissed at me tonight when I picked him up. It happens. And I'm sure the cats are still adjusting to their surroundings. I still enjoy seeing their natural instincts come out with things like hissing, charging babies in the windows (which I witnessed the day Cheetah Hunt opened), etc. Can't take the wild out of the animals!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!