Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby aimster » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Heh. Did that yesterday too. Had 3 or 4 at once vying for my attention (and yum-yums). They're so sweet, but they can get grabby sometimes. One wrapped his paws around my arm and tried to pull the food cup to him/her.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Got to ride Cheetah Hunt. Hopefully the family friendly nature of this ride means capital to add a memorable ride in the near future.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Postby Pufferfish » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Visited the park today, not too awfully crowded. First thing in the morning Cheetah Hunt was packing a 90 minute wait, but as the day progressed the guests dispersed and it held between 30 and 45 minutes until closing. Montu was down for a very good majority of the day so I didn't manage any rides on it this trip.

Now, onto the real reason for me posting this, Kinetix, what did I think?
Holy crap it is AWESOME! Sadly due to some mechanical issue with the ceiling lowering/raising mechanism they were unable to perform the seesaw act, but everything else was presented. First thing I have to comment on is the music. The live band they have for this show is actually really good at making these almost rock covers of the pop songs, to the point where they sound better than the original version. Also, the sound system on this stage is incredibly powerful, almost felt like I was back at Warped tour :lol: .

Now, onto the acrobatics, the bread and butter of this show if you will. The acts presented are a hulahoop act which includes balancing and juggling, a BMX act, a cube twirling act, and a jump rope act. Out of these I saw tonight the best were definitely the hulahoop act and the jump rope act. The jump rope act was actually so amazing and insane I'd say it's better than the new act that was put into La Nouba! This show was also surprisingly long, the shortened version I watched was well over 40 minutes in length!

Overall this is an extremely good show and something I will definitely be watching again (need to see the seesaw act!). If you are in the area or are planing to be, do not miss this show!
Just keep swimming...

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby skitt2010 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 am

BOOST!! This ride looks awesome... cant wait to get on it!
Wikipedia failed me, it quoted the ride duration at 3:30 and got me all excited at riding such as cool coaster for so long... turns out it lied and now im a lil depressed!! :cry:

p.s. can someone who knows how, please change the WIKIs duration time for this ride. Wicked!!

Cheetah Hunt WIKI
2 Countries... 14 Parks... 55 Steelies... 4 Woodies...

Florida Holiday on September 12th 2013... ready to add 12 Steelies and 2 Woodies...

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:13 am

^3:30 is technically how long you are on the ride from when you got on until you get off. It's the official time released from the park, you're going to have a hard time changing it on Wikipedia.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Cheetah Hunt actually feels longer than it is... at least to me. I've only ridden it 3 times so far but because the track is so long, to me it feels a little longer than a minute and a half ride. regardless, it's SO MUCH FUN. Can't wait to ride it again... probably next weekend.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 pm

aimster wrote:Cheetah Hunt actually feels longer than it is... at least to me. I've only ridden it 3 times so far but because the track is so long, to me it feels a little longer than a minute and a half ride. regardless, it's SO MUCH FUN. Can't wait to ride it again... probably next weekend.

Agreed!... Its just such a well rounded coaster... Just rode it for my third time this afternoon... and it was just as amazing as the first time I rode it... Its just an all around treat to ride (and watch!...)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 pm

I rode yesterday 7 times and it really is a fun ride. Finally got rides in the front and I like it a lot. It feels more frisky up there. :)

A TPR trip n October could mean some awesome night time ERT. I rode at night in the front and it is pretty cool for sure. One thing though, the water in the canyon was not as forceful as it was before. It looks much cooler when there is some good flow through there.

Gwazi Glders were taken apart, could be normal rehab I don't know.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 am

Quick Report from my day at BGT this past Saturday.
For a Saturday in June it was a pretty decent day. There was a little rain throughout the day that kept the temperatures a little more tolerable than normal. It was very crowded but the longest wait I had was probably 35 minutes for Sheikra (Cheetah Hunt had a posted 75-90 minute wait all day but I caught it after some down time and only waited about 20 minutes).

My thoughts on Cheetah hunt: I read a lot of reviews of the ride and knew not to expect a top 10 coaster or anything but honestly it was still a little disappointing. It was a fun ride, very smooth, decent speed, but really tame and to me a little boring. I do think it's a great addition to the park and addresses a huge need for a solid family coaster (take note SeaWorld) but personally I found it to be a little boring. I only got one ride in the back seat so hopefully a few more rides and Ill change my opinion.

The Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy show was just okay. Had a few good acts in it but the show as a whole really didn't seem to flow that well. Worth watching if there is nothing else to do, but not worth seeing again.

One of the best attractions at Busch Gardens is the "Meet the Keepers" exhibits they do throughout the day at different animal exhibits. We saw them feeding the elephants, lions, and cheetahs and all were very cool.

One of the biggest surprises of the day was Kinetix, the night time show during Summer Nights. I really didn't know what the show was about and had no expectations but it turned out to a lot of fun. Really cool acrobatic acts mixed in with live music live dancers and a great stage set up. I would definitely see this show again if I'm back at the park again this summer and highly recommended it to anyone.

Rode Gwazi Lion at the end of the night, front seat, sad and pathetic style by myself (my wife was done for the day). While the Millennium flyers do help a little, the ride to me still felt like one of the rougher GCI's out there. I still like the ride, but don't expect it to be Thunderhead or Rumbler smooth. It's tolerable and a lot of fun but does has that rough out of control feel that most GCI's don't have. Maybe it's just me but it seems like every GCI coaster built after Gwazi has been really good but Gwazi and all the GCI's before it (Roar's and Wildcat) haven't aged very well. I don't know if they just really figured out their designs after Gwazi or if they started using some new construction techniques or something but the new rides are amazing and the older ones are not as good as they maybe once were. I still love Gwazi, and the trains are an improvement, but it is a little rougher than I expected it to be. Operating 12 months a year in Florida weather probably doesn't help that much either.

Sheikra is still a bat shit crazy ride. Great air on the drops, great visuals, great ride.

Montu is still really good, not my favorite invert but awesome. Anyone remember when they used to have Alligators under the track between the station and lift? Or was that just my imagination at one point.

Kumba is still King of the park in my opinion. One of the best coaster B&M has ever made and one of the best steel coasters anywhere. I love old school forceful B&M's WITH the roar, and the layout is perfect. One of my top 10.

Awesome park, can't wait till Halloscreams.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm

^
Kumba is still King of the park in my opinion. One of the best coaster B&M has ever made and one of the best steel coasters anywhere. I love old school forceful B&M's WITH the roar, and the layout is perfect. One of my top 10.

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!