Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release and photos about the completion of Cheetah Hunt's trackwork!

Construction crews worked into the evening on Monday to install the final piece of track that completes Cheetah Hunt’s epic 4,429-foot run – a record length among Busch Gardens Tampa’s coasters. The final section, which completes the “jump” over the Skyride’s cables, was bolted into place just before 9:30 p.m.

Even with the completion of the track, however, the work is far from over in preparing the new mega-attraction for its May 27th grand opening. Crews will spend the next two months finishing the intricate sculpting – or “theming” – of the coasters’ surrounding architecture.

Construction also continues on innovative Cheetah Run habitat, which will house more than a dozen of the highly endangered cats and offer guests unique opportunities to get up-close and witness a cheetah’s speed first-hand during daily sprints.
Attachments
FinalTrack1.jpg
FinalTrack1.jpg (100.54 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
FinalTrack2.jpg
FinalTrack2.jpg (113.65 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
FinalTrack3.jpg
FinalTrack3.jpg (102.26 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
FinalTrack4.jpg
FinalTrack4.jpg (106.36 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
FinalTrack5.jpg
FinalTrack5.jpg (140.94 KiB) Viewed 2621 times

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 am

I wonder if they've finished lowering the Sky Ride yet, because there's an awfully small amount of clearance there.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 am

As long as it goes over how much clearance do you need? ;)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 am

^though I am no expert, It looked like the set up they had for the cables currently was temporary. I expect some type of arm extension to be put on each side of the two towers in question of lowering instead of shorter towers. Hope that made sense.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 am

^^Maybe when the cable car is on the line, it weighs it down some? I agree, definitely not much clearance.

Thanks for those pictures all! Drop + CH complete = :airtimer:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 am

^Exactly......the cables will be weighed DOWN once cars are installed thus pulling the cable away from CH's track. Clearance looks OK to me.
Anyone know if any of the other trains have been delivered?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am

I believe they said that all 5 were delivered at the same time when they released the photo/ video of the one being unloaded.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 am

Thank you, I must have missed that :?r

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:33 am

coasterkyle wrote:I believe they said that all 5 were delivered at the same time when they released the photo/ video of the one being unloaded.

Only 5 trains? I thought this would be like Maverick with 6 trains and a station allowing 2 trains to be loaded at a time.

Nice to see the trackwork has been completed. Now it's time to see what Busch does best: theme and landscape their coasters so that they blend in the area.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:37 pm

^Five trains with four cars has a higher capacity than six trains with three cars. If the operating crew stays on track and loads and unloads the trains quickly, the PPH should be very high.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS