Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Python

Postby ginzo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 pm

I rode Python for the first time ever last Thursday at Howl-o-Scream.

It's such a popular coaster that we had the entire train to ourselves!

Why would anyone want to save that ride, other than for nostalgic value? It's not even remotely good.

teh krackin!!1

Postby Three » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Why waste the name kilimanjaro on a kiddie area? I mean, that would be a fantastic name for a coaster.

Though I guess it would sorta be similar to Disney's mountain-themed coaster deal.

And it might not fit too well with names like "SheiKra", "Montu" and "Kumba".

So nevermind.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby lexington » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:38 pm

Astat wrote:Wes photoshops pictures of coasters being torn down all the time, he did it during the whole "OMG SFMM is getting sold!" thing, and he posted some in the Cedar Point '07 project thread.

Python's still up and running at the moment.

lol ok, thanks for the clarification. :oops:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:57 pm

Hey guys. I can tell you it is still there, as I rode it on Saturday and took a full POV from the back row. It was as rough as I remembered it two years ago (even though I have gone back since then, I neglected to ride it until now, when I wanted to get to ride it one last time before its gone forever). My dad and I both got of the ride feeling like we were run over by the Python rather than riding it. I now have hopped on the bandwagon of those who believe that the Python deserves to go after its long run at the park. I feel happy for those Orangutans that are getting a home again since they had been homeless after Sheikra was built (just for your information, that is part of the Congo plan).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Why can't they just expand or modify the area? They have a kiddie area so why build another? Attendence? :?r

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:39 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Why can't they just expand or modify the area? They have a kiddie area so why build another? Attendence? :?r

There really isn't enough room. But, the point of keeping it when it is the least popular coaster in the park isn't apparant.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:30 am

Seems BGT has decided that the last operating day of Python is going to be October 31th, 2006. ACE Florida region was trying to put together a last ride event but looks like there is no time to arrange anything. Seems there wont be anytype of Media attention given to the closing of the ride. I hope to make it by the park for a last spin and some photos from tuesday. ACE has an impromptu meet up tomorrow (sunday) at BGT for those that are around.

Postby coaster05 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:49 am

Having just got my credit on this coaster I have to say why would anyone not want it to go. Not all coasters should be saved and this definately fits in that catergory. If you love corkscrew coasters I am sure you can find one somewhere, they are not exactly an endangered species.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:18 am

coaster05 wrote:Having just got my credit on this coaster I have to say why would anyone not want it to go. Not all coasters should be saved and this definately fits in that catergory. If you love corkscrew coasters I am sure you can find one somewhere, they are not exactly an endangered species.

Not saying that the Python doesn't deserve to go (because its time is definitely up), this is the first and only permanent corkscrew coaster Florida has had (I say permanent because we have had some come with fairs). Floridians are losing their one corkscrew coaster- but to me, its a needed loss.

Postby Ccron10 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:33 pm

To me it's not really a big deal, nooffense, but..
1. I've never been to Florida
2. It's not like it's the last corkscrew coaster in the world.

And like you said, it's time is up, I just hope something cool goes there like at least a flat ride or small coaster instead of a kiddie area.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!