Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby ginzo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 am

I rode Wildcat the season before they changed the trains and then the first season with the new trains. I didn't think the Flyers helped much at all.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 am

I'm going to be in Florida all next week and Gwazi is opening the day after I leave. I love my luck! :angry:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 am

Wouldn't they have to start testing very soon to open on the 22nd? I will be there to check it out on Saturday. Can't wait to see the fully assembled train, I am curious if they will use the same logo.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby King » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 am

Maximo37 wrote:It's been hit or miss with the dispatch of the trains... WHEN they have both sides open, sometimes they DO dispatch them together, when other times they just don't seem to care... But I've noticed that even when they DO dispatch them together, (at least recently) Lion somehow get quite a bit ahead of Tiger... Lion will be at the bottom of the first drop by the time Tiger is just going over the peak... so the dueling winds up being minimal at best...

...so hopefully with the Millenium Flyer's in place, not only with they hopefully run them together more consistantly... but hoping that both Lion and Tiger can keep up with each other... Either way, I'm super excited... the Tiger trains look wonderful (wish they had the Gwazi logo on the front, or a Lion head/Tiger head to differenciate... but that is nit-picking...) Cannot wait to ride once this sucker re-opens...

I was looking at the plain trains too, but I'm sure they'll add the designs before it reopens. I can't imagine Busch leaving them like that.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:49 am

I liked Gwazi alright when I rode it--except for the fact that only the Lion side running. I guess this is even more cause for me to get back down there and get the Tiger side.
On a related note, I rode Wildcat with the MF's this past September and I thought it was terrible. I'm someone who loves Grizzly so I was surprised by how much Wildcat's roughness affected me.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby CCG2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

I haven't been to BGT since April 2008 and when i went i rode Gwazi Tiger (Both sides open, but non-dueling :( ) and i thought it was really good, but still partially rough. But hailing from the Toronto-area in Canada and having CW nearby means that im pretty much used to having my spleen rearranged every time i go. These Millenium Flyers look sweet though, i can just imagine the feeling of dueling against Gwazi Lion or Tiger with a new semi-open style coaster train :b . I'm heading down to BGT in June, hopefully Cheetah Hunt will be open by then and i can ride both those monsters :evil: excited!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 pm

ginzo wrote:I rode Wildcat the season before they changed the trains and then the first season with the new trains. I didn't think the Flyers helped much at all.

redfoot12 wrote:On a related note, I rode Wildcat with the MF's this past September and I thought it was terrible. I'm someone who loves Grizzly so I was surprised by how much Wildcat's roughness affected me.

Wildcat isn't so rough as it just seems balls out uncontrollably fast. The new trains helped a great deal. The last time I rode with the PTC trains I thought for sure I was gonna need a chiropractor. Definitely a great fit for Lightning Racer so I can see where Gwazi should come out a winner if the old trains didn't tear up the track too bad.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coasterbear30 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 pm

I rode Gwazi for the first time in 2007 and it was pretty rough but still rideable. I went back and rode it again in 2009 and I only rode one side because it was so unbearable. It was as bad, if not worse, than Georgia Cyclone/Hurler roughness. I have been hoping all along that they would get MF's. I heard they were retracking the whole ride and if that is true, combined with MF trains this thing could be a top 10 wood contender. I guess we will see what happens! It makes me excited to ride it again!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

eddie200330 wrote:Wildcat isn't so rough as it just seems balls out uncontrollably fast.

Really? I think its pacing kind of sucks...

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm

I rode Wild Cat for the first time in Spring 08, right after the flyers were put on, and thought it was pretty darn good. I rode again in fall 10 and thought the ride was terrible.

I've never been on Gwazi, but hopefully one day...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!