Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 pm

YAY!!! I'll be going there in February! :airtime: :airtimer: I'm so exited!
Doesn't know how to spell 'Enthusiast'... or 'Hyundai'.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:13 pm

I wonder if the load times will be as slow as they were with the PTC trains. This is the only wooden coaster where the ride ops check the seat belts and lap bars separately.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:15 pm

YES!!! :lover:

:airtime: :airtimer:

I was hoping the rumor about the Millenium Flyer trains was true. ZOMG I am SO excited! Yea I'm going to Busch Gardens on the 22nd to ride! I'm actually going this Saturday too. If I happen to catch them testing the trains I'll be sure to snap some pics!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm

BarryH wrote:I wonder if the load times will be as slow as they were with the PTC trains. This is the only wooden coaster where the ride ops check the seat belts and lap bars separately.

At Indiana Beach they do that to every ride (well the ones with seatbelts). Its so annoying and takes so long.
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby KCForce » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:03 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:I noticed the trains have individual seatbelts. Do any other MF trains have this? The two rides with MF trains I have been on (Kentucky Rumbler and Thunderhead) only had one seatbelt per row.

Yes, Prowler at Worlds of Fun has individual seat belts for each rider. However, in all the time that Prowler has been open, when I've visited (about twice a week) they hardly ever stack the trains. The crew on this coaster knows how to be efficient and safe. They check the belts and bars at the same time. This coaster has gotten a bit faster as time has gone on - it takes barely 40 seconds (about 10 second's faster that from when it opened) from the time you leave the lift until you enter the magnetic reduction brakes, from there it's about 15 second's to the "stack" brake before the turn to the station. So when you factor in the time from station to top of lift, (it's about 48 seconds), so you're looking at 93 seconds to prevent a stack. Now the total ride time is a bit longer as you have to travel from the stack brake to the station (about 10 seconds), but it doesn't factor into preventing a stack. That's NOT a lot of time, but they do it, pretty consistantly. I hope this continues, but this coaster seems to be the exception at the park....

I know that one of the leads is not coming back next year on this ride, but I have my fingers crossed. Perhaps we should send them to train Gwazi's Crew? ;)

I have not been to BGT since Montu was new, and am going this next winter and really looking forward to trying Gwazi and Cheetha Whatchacallit out. Oh, and SheiKra too! And any other rides I can whore around on like Air Grover and Cheetha Chase, of course, cause I'll do anything with a chain lift!
Last edited by KCForce on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:16 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:11 pm

^Stacking on Prowler is so not fun. I tend to get auto-stapled on that ride more than on any other GCI, or even any other woodie. It's uncomfortable even when the ride is standing still. Glad to hear stacking is rare!

I'm excited that Gwazi is finally getting MFs! I've ridden several very smooth coasters with them, and only one notably rough coaster (Roar West). I haven't ridden Gwazi so there's really nothing else I can say, but I still hope it improves the experience! They certainly look good!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Its been 3 1/2 years since the Midwest trip and I asked the GCI guys about Millennium Flyers on Gwazi. Now it finally happens. A smiley can't describe how happy I am, no, an image does:
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Zingoman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:29 pm

I never got to ride gwazi with the Ptc trains but wildcat at hersheypark was one of my favs until the mf trains. I love rough rides!! You also have to consider that gwazi only closes for what a couple weeks per year? Woodies require far more care than that. Of course it was rough! I do hope these trains give it a better reputation though. By the way, are they going to give the new trains the same crazy graphics as the old ones? Those were the pimpinest trains ever!
So Arrow was the bomb. I said that out loud :oops:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby adavis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Going to BGT in March, Gwazi was on my no-list. Not any more!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jamesS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 pm

I guess this makes Roar at SFA the only GCI without millennium flyer trains, good luck to that one, lol

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!