Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:29 pm

I rode Gwazi in November 2006 and liked it despite hearing how awful it was. Has it gotten much worse since then?

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 pm

The last time I rode Gwazi was in March 2010. My date wanted to ride it. It was the last coaster of the day. We rode it and she got a headache. I missed out on some sex too. Damn, you, Gwazi! :)

I might be at Busch Gardens next weekend. I might ride Gwazi again to see what the new trains are like!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Gwazi is supposed to reopen the 22nd right? I'll totally be there :)

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Eh. I liked it just the way it was. It wasn't the smoothest ride by any stretch but that didn't bother me at all. Of the 8 GCI's I've been on it was behind only Prowler for me. Hope this doesn't change the ride experience too much.

I wish they did something about the crew operating the ride instead.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm

BarryH wrote:The last time I rode Gwazi was in March 2010. My date wanted to ride it. It was the last coaster of the day. We rode it and she got a headache. I missed out on some sex too. Damn, you, Gwazi! :)

Why? Did you hurt your hand on the ride?

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:44 pm

^I hurt both hands. :(

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 pm

larrygator wrote:
BarryH wrote:The last time I rode Gwazi was in March 2010. My date wanted to ride it. It was the last coaster of the day. We rode it and she got a headache. I missed out on some sex too. Damn, you, Gwazi! :)

Why? Did you hurt your hand on the ride?

Ahaha, totally priceless. :lmao:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

BarryH wrote:^I hurt both hands. :(

That would make it hard to climb up a tree for starters. Let alone, once up there, hold a pair of binoculars in one hand and operate the joystick with the other hand, while looking in that special someone's window. How terrible and unfortunate.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 pm

When I was at the park last Wednesday (1/5), we were on Cheetah Chase in the early afternoon. We caught a glimpse of two trucks driving on the park access road (parallel the lift hill of Chase) each with one car of Gwazi Tiger in tow... which made me wonder slightly if this was a removal or just a rehab of the trains...

Then with the recent teaser sign that Gwazi is about to introduce a "NEW breed of speed of their own", along with the picture of what appears to be a MF train on the track, my head almost exploded...

...I also was on GCI's website... and under the "Great Projects" tab lists all the coaster which the company has built... I've been on that website many times... and only tonight noticed that both Gwazi and ROAR ("East" at SF America) don't have any trains listed... while ALL the other coasters have their Millenium Flyer (along with the train count for the individual coaster) listed... the last time I visited the website a few months ago, Gwazi and ROAR "East" were then listed having the PTC trains... which also makes me wonder if ROAR is getting a 2011 MF present as well...

I'm all too excited... it's ALMOST as if BGT is going to launch "THREE" new coasters in 2011... (Gwazi will be new again in my eyes, if this trick works... I loved the coaster before, but GOOD GOD did it need some love...)

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

YAY! Millenium Flyers! I can't wait!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS