Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby dragonskeep » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:14 am

Monday. Monday. Man I love Mondays. I was not expecting the Figure 8 to be flat up top but it looks cool. The trenches are just awesome. It also looks like the train will launch flat out of the station and the turn will swoop down into the second launch. Those two launches are too close together to be anything but a boost. I would be very surprised if the next feature isn't a heartline or barrel roll. The old Rhino Rally canyons could hold a nice surprise and a couple of inversions leading into the third launch. The distance following the Third launch is a little short, it will be interesting to see what elements will be there and what the top speed is. The ride looks to end with a nice airtime hill into the brakes.

Cheetaka is officially Florida's best coaster, folks this ain't Hollywood Rockit.
Last edited by dragonskeep on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:30 am.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Ratmead » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 am

I totally expect there to be a heartline roll in the Rhino Rally trench, if you look at the layout, it either has an inversion there or just a slalom type thing going side to side. This latest video shows that the screamscape layout was incorrect about the second launch. Notice the Moroccan style arch above the second launch, look for the area to be full of those arches.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 am

I'm guessing that this new coaster will be using LIMs or LSMs like on iSpeed because it doesn't slow down at all while being launched. Looking sweet!
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 am

To be honest, that didn't look all that amazing. It kinda looked slow and boring, and it seems like they used video effects to make it seem otherwise. Nonetheless, I'm still very excited for this! Intamin makes good stuff like 99% of the time, so I fail to see why this would be any exception.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 808Freq » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 am

Would you like them to put you through a tight figure 8 at 40 mph ? What were you expecting from a 'launch into a figure 8 tower element'?

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:37 am

The figure 8 part could be flat so you can look out over any animal exhibits like cheetahs and stuff because Busch said that the ride was going to be integrated with animals. Not saying that is what it's for, but you never know.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Ratmead » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 am

I really don't see how this thing is going to interact with the exhibit. Other than the cheetah lure track near the first launch, where would it possibly interact with the exhibit? I know Busch said it, but I think the "interactive exhibit" is more about the technology inside the exhibit, there are a bunch of TVs in the exhibit.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Gigalyte » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:11 am

The rise up into the figure 8 looks like it will provide some major airtime :b the the element Imo doesn't look slow at all. I'm very happy with what I'm seeing in these clips, (Intamins are the only coasters that make me want to buy plane tickets and those new woodies in china lol) this coaster looks like it's going to be amazing ride.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 am

Ratmead wrote:I really don't see how this thing is going to interact with the exhibit. Other than the cheetah lure track near the first launch, where would it possibly interact with the exhibit? I know Busch said it, but I think the "interactive exhibit" is more about the technology inside the exhibit, there are a bunch of TVs in the exhibit.

I guess since you can't picture it, there won't be any animal interaction. :roll:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby mousch » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 am

Each video just makes me want to go to Busch Gardens even more next year!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!