Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Good to the last drop

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby ECZenith » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Maybe moving back to the east coast isn't going to be so bad after all!;)

I love that launch out of the trench, the views from the skyride will be awesome!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:13 pm

I don't know why people keep comparing this to Maverick and Fahrenheit. Everything I've seen so far makes this look a lot more like Furius Baco than either of those two coasters.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Brad » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:18 pm

robbalvey wrote:I don't know why people keep comparing this to Maverick and Fahrenheit. Everything I've seen so far makes this look a lot more like Furius Baco than either of those two coasters.

I definitely don't see the Fahrenheit similarities, but it certainly reminds me of Maverick with the ground-hugging, quick turns and the short hills. But then again, I've never been on Furius Baco.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby The_Mad_Hatter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

robbalvey wrote:I don't know why people keep comparing this to Maverick and Fahrenheit. Everything I've seen so far makes this look a lot more like Furius Baco than either of those two coasters.

I agree. Maverick and Fahrenheit are both relatively compact, while this seems very long, smooth, and stretched out, more like Furius Baco or even Rita.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Fahrenheit was a recent coaster built by Intamin, so obviously they're similar. :|

And I'm still giddy about this ride. Seriously giddy. Like doing naked backflips down the street giddy.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 808Freq » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 pm

I agree with Robb, at least on the overall layout of the track (at least what we can see from 8 seconds). Most of the clip that we've seen has you in a trench, and obviously Baco spends a good amount of time in the trench as well, so the connections to Baco seem very prevalent right now. As more clips come out, we may see a separation of design that makes it seem more like Mav. I cringed when Robb directly compared it to Baco because that coaster just seems boring and uninspired.. The layout for the BGT-2011 coaster seems a little more exciting from what we've been told so far. And it won't have crappy wing-rider trains (worst 'gimmick' since the standup coaster).

It will be two hours away from me!!! YAY FOR ME!!!!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Thom25 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:15 am

Unless the new ride has wing walker seats, I don't see how/why you would compare this ride to Baco. Do you know something we don't Robb? From the video, it looks like the seats are centered over the track, so while it hugs the ground going extremely fast with launches throughout the course, I'm thinking Maverick was the inspiration for the ride.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby coasterjohnh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:59 am

Does anyone know when it will open?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Ratmead » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:17 am

Look for around Memorial Day. Anyways track is onsite in the overflow lot. Pretty nice morning to go sit on some Intamin track.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 am

That was fast...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!