Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:20 am

Imhotep wrote:They may as well get rid of it. Its probably the most ignored coaster in Florida. I guess if it really is being removed, personally I would like to see a different ride put in its place. However I guess the orangatan exhibit needs to go somewhere..

Is it even more ignored than Kraken? I hear almost nobody talk about that coaster, and its a good one.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:24 am

Welll...got the credit and the video footage!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Slacking » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:24 am

I know news about the removal of a coaster should make me sad, but this rumor brings more of a smile than a tear, is that wrong?

I went to the site where Barry got the rumor. It also looks like Haunted Lighthouse will be replaced by Pirates 4D (yay Leslie Nielsen!). This would sound like an odd rumor since it is an old film, but Screamscape already reported that this film was going to be replacing Haunted Lighthouse at Sea World in San Antonio, so it actually makes a bit of sense.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Imhotep » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:40 am

I dont think Kraken is 'ignored,' IMHO its just in a park more focused on the overall family experience. Enthusiasts seem to go out of their way for it, and Im sure if you were to put it in a park like BGT it would be just as well received by the GP as any of the other coasters there.

Python however is in a park advertised for its coasters and the thrill. Enthusiasts will ride it for the credit, but thats usually it. And even on the busiest of days it seems like the GP isnt interested in it.

Kraken IMO is not ignored, its just neglected! Maybe the solution is to swap Python for Kraken. :lover: :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: BGT's Python may be going away

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:41 am

BarryH wrote: Maybe they can send the Pythong to BGW. We got their mouse. Perhaps we can do a fair trade? :)

Gee, thanks alot. :P

I would take Kumba, though. ;)

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:11 pm

I hope it at least is there until the end of the year, I still want to try and get the credit before it leaves (since it seems doubtful it will be relocated).

I know it will never happen for many reasons but it would be cool if they did put it in Sesame Place since it could be considered a good starter coater for someone wanting to try a coaster with inversions, and Sesame Place could use some more rides for days when it's too cold for the water slides/rides (which are the main attraction in the park)

Postby CoasterCrazy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:52 pm

I'm glad that I got the credit last month!
Florida Trip 2005 414.jpg
I won't miss the pain that this corkscrew causes!

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:05 pm

I don't think BGT will remove Python, lots of younger kids have had that coaster as their first looping "I'm a big kid now!" type of coaster. I hated the headbanging, but my 6 year old cousin enjoyed it back when she rode it back in 2004.

Python would be a historic loss, but if you ask me, the entire area of Congo needs an upgrade.

I'm probably the only one that would be saddened by this decision. I like Python a little bit, but not too much. Despite the uncomfort, it was a great yet short ride. I love the airtime the first drop has in the back!

-Carl "Will Miss Python, despite what everybody thinks of it" F.

EDIT:
I went to the site where Barry got the rumor. It also looks like Haunted Lighthouse will be replaced by Pirates 4D (yay Leslie Nielsen!). This would sound like an odd rumor since it is an old film, but Screamscape already reported that this film was going to be replacing Haunted Lighthouse at Sea World in San Antonio, so it actually makes a bit of sense.

YES! Lame Lighthouse may finally get a film thats slightly better...
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:09 pm

Homer wrote:I don't think BGT will remove Python, lots of younger kids have had that coaster as their first looping "I'm a big kid now!" type of coaster. I hated the headbanging, but my 6 year old cousin enjoyed it back when she rode it back in 2004.

That's what Scorpion is for.. esp. since it has a smaller height req

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Python was one of my stepping stones towards getting on Kumba. My youngest brother rode it around the age of six (just to get the credit!) and complained it was too short. The ride clocks at about sixty seconds from dispatch to brake.

Also, didn't they refurbish the ride and station recently? Still, at least they're considering getting rid of Python rather than Scorpion.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!