Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

P. 161: 2Q 2019 Quarterly Report (Doing well 2Q)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:37 pm

They don't invest in new attractions in half there parks as it is. Expect very clean well run parks. Do not expect new slides and rides every year
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FutureMan2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Wow this is a surprise. After all the issues with Schlitterbahn, I decided against visiting the Texas location. Now that Cedar Fair owns them, I think I'll visit them someday.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep the name or not for the Texas parks.

I realize the severity of what you’re referring to however the Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is easily the best Waterparks out there. You might want to make it down there soon since Cedar Fair has a very corporate way of doing things. Schlitterbahn is (was?) like the water park version of Knoebels

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 pm

FutureMan2 wrote:Schlitterbahn is (was?) a slush fund for laundering human trafficking money

FTFY.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm

FutureMan2 wrote:I realize the severity of what you’re referring to however the Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is easily the best Waterparks out there. You might want to make it down there soon since Cedar Fair has a very corporate way of doing things. Schlitterbahn is (was?) like the water park version of Knoebels

Completely disagree. I cannot be the only one who always thought that Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels was completely overrated, difficult to navigate, slides were totally "meh", and overall the park was a pain the ass to visit, right?

And trust me, I've tried SEVERAL TIMES going to that park with an open mindset and I've always walked away going "I really don't get it."

IMO, calling it the Knoebels of water parks is a huge insult to Knoebels.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FutureMan2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 pm

robbalvey wrote:
FutureMan2 wrote:I realize the severity of what you’re referring to however the Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is easily the best Waterparks out there. You might want to make it down there soon since Cedar Fair has a very corporate way of doing things. Schlitterbahn is (was?) like the water park version of Knoebels

Completely disagree. I cannot be the only one who always thought that Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels was completely overrated, difficult to navigate, slides were totally "meh", and overall the park was a pain the ass to visit, right?

And trust me, I've tried SEVERAL TIMES going to that park with an open mindset and I've always walked away going "I really don't get it."

IMO, calling it the Knoebels of water parks is a huge insult to Knoebels.

Ah, I was wondering why this was the only forum where I’ve seen negative comments about Schlitterbahn.

Anyway. Comparing Knoebels to Schlitterbahn isn’t outlandish at all. In fact, I can’t think of a better comparison. Both parks are so incredibly original. They also have that anti corporate feel as well.

I understand it might not be for you (or your followers) but it is widely considered to be the best water park.

However I do agree with you on the layout of the park. There is certainly an opportunity there.

My biggest fear is that Cedar Fair will take out some of these original attractions for some of their cookie cutter slide complexes.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:57 am

Other coaster organizations are generally up Schlitterbahn’s ass because they either do events there (ACE), have some type of business relationship with them or they hope to in the future. The Golden Ticket awards were pretty much showering them with awards and praises for their awesome waterparks and whispering sweet nothings into their ear the year that they decapitated a child on a ride due to gross negligence and human traffickers were walking around the parks on comp tickets from the (um... “alleged”) meth-head drug-dealing wife-beating co owner.

That’s why some people here are down on Schlitterbahn. I’ve actually never heard Robb’s opinion of the actual park rides before. Personally I don’t care how good the park is, I’d feel legitimately guilty if I gave them my money because the park was being run by possibly the worst person in the theme park industry ever.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:18 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:06 am

Another thing to note - In 2018, Schlitterbahn New Braunfels was beaten out only by the Orlando water parks in terms of attendance in North America. I think that Cedar Fair made a good decision.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:07 am

ACE sent cease and desist letters to members who publicly dared to suggest that the wife beating meth head human trafficker who built and operated a slide that injured many and decapitated a kid might be a less than great person. Not even joking. Given that ACE relocated to Texas I'm sure they consider it important to keep up the relationship of doing events in return for free PR.

I've never been and am interested to go now with the hope that nothing is changed too significantly from the older concrete attractions. I can ride Proslide and Whitewater West stuff anywhere these days, so I don't so much care about that. Any product they make that's not crap will have 100 iterations in no time.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 am

coasterbill wrote:Golden Ticket awards

coasterbill wrote:showering them

Not sure if intentional, but it certainly paints a mental picture. :lmao:

And yeah. I've only really been getting back into waterparks over the past year or so after a long absence... but basically everything I've ever heard about the entire situation in KC has left me with zero desire to visit one of those parks. If all their slides with built by the same team with the same care and loving attention to detail that went into Verruckt, then frankly, I don't intend to visit regardless of who currently owns the park.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 am

coneyislandchris wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Golden Ticket awards

coasterbill wrote:showering them

Not sure if intentional, but it certainly paints a mental picture. :lmao:

Don't give Jeff Henry any ideas.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!